Just got in Midwestern CCP from Waiting list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

linyliny88

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Can't believe it is true! I just finished talking with Wendy and she told me that I was pulled up from the waiting list.

For people still keep their fingers crossed, don't loose hope. Wish you the best of luck.

Also, for those who are on the waiting list for Midwestern CCP, I called and was told that they were at the process of pulling people from the alternative list, and I emailed them last week with some updated info, then I got a call today and got in. So It might be really important to provide some updated info so that they know that you are still there looking forward to get a seat. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

did u apply late?

linyliny88 said:
I Can't believe it is true! I just finished talking with Wendy and she told me that I was pulled up from the waiting list.

For people still keep their fingers crossed, don't loose hope. Wish you the best of luck.

Also, for those who are on the waiting list for Midwestern CCP, I called and was told that they were at the process of pulling people from the alternative list, and I emailed them last week with some updated info, then I got a call today and got in. So It might be really important to provide some updated info so that they know that you are still there looking forward to get a seat. :luck:

Congratulations! That's awesome! Are you going to attend Midwestern CCP or The University of Maryland at Baltimore?

Does anyone know the curriculum at Midwestern CCP? I heard the students go to class everyday from 9-4. Is the study load stressful? Students have to take 16 hours of elective courses and is it hard to manage when you want to take electives along with the rest of the curriculum for the quarters? Any information from Midwestern CCP students will be helpful and also any information from Pharmacy students at other schools is great too! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Congrats!!! I am on the waiting list for CCP and would really like go there. Did u do anything too improve your stats or were you just keeping in touch as mus as possible? thanks

Isn't it the best feeling? I got in from the waitlist as well. I nearly jumped out of my skin!

linyliny88 said:

Congratulations! I will see you during orientation!

Chris

stunna said:
Hey Congrats!!! I am on the waiting list for CCP and would really like go there. Did u do anything too improve your stats or were you just keeping in touch as mus as possible? thanks

I did not quite do and can't do anything to improve my stats since I graduated early this month with my BS in bioenigineering. I wrote them a email to restate what I have been doing to improve myself to be a better candidate.

Good luck with you

pharm_girl said:
Congratulations! That's awesome! Are you going to attend Midwestern CCP or The University of Maryland at Baltimore?

Does anyone know the curriculum at Midwestern CCP? I heard the students go to class everyday from 9-4. Is the study load stressful? Students have to take 16 hours of elective courses and is it hard to manage when you want to take electives along with the rest of the curriculum for the quarters? Any information from Midwestern CCP students will be helpful and also any information from Pharmacy students at other schools is great too! Thanks in advance!

I am a current MWU student. I just finished the hell that is PS2 year. We are pretty much in class everyday 9-3, it depends a lot on workshops or labs because if you don't have it that week, then your day is shorter. I am sure you'd find a similar class schedule at most schools. The study load isn't too bad as long as you keep on top of it. We do generally take 1-2 exams per week, but they are all on set days (7:30or 8am :scared: ) so they are spaced out a few days apart at least. I wouldn't worry about electives...we don't really take any until the last three quarters of class. They tell you what you can take since most electives are only offered one timer per class. They are very few electives offered as a first year student, but come 3rd year all your classes are mostly electives sicne you only have 3 required classes at that point.

I really do like MWU and I feel the best decision I ever made was to come here over other schools. If you have any other questions, let me know! Good luck with applying.

Thanks for the information, Karm12. Congrats on finishing your PS2 year. It does sound really hard since you had to take Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacotherapeutics, etc.

How was the PS1 year? I will be attending Midwestern CCP this Fall (I just finished pre-pharmacy). I know for PS1, we have to take Biochemistry, Human Physiology, Biopharmaceutics, and a lot of other courses! Was PS1 pretty challenging or is it nothing compared to PS2? How are the lectures and labs? Are the exams hard?

pharm_girl said:
Thanks for the information, Karm12. Congrats on finishing your PS2 year. It does sound really hard since you had to take Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacotherapeutics, etc.

How was the PS1 year? I will be attending Midwestern CCP this Fall (I just finished pre-pharmacy). I know for PS1, we have to take Biochemistry, Human Physiology, Biopharmaceutics, and a lot of other courses! Was PS1 pretty challenging or is it nothing compared to PS2? How are the lectures and labs? Are the exams hard?

PS-1 year is not too bad..they put everyone on the same page by making you take the basic science courses. The biggest challenge of PS-1 year is getting used to the schedule and managing time. The classes aren't too bad and the exams are pretty easy (at least that is my opinion, other students may think differently). They make decent grades obtainable. I have done very well here, much better than undergrad. Is PS-2 year harder? Yes and no...the classes are more challenging, but also more interesting. I was by far busier this year than the last..but I am so used to "playing the game" here that the fact I have 16+ exams in a 10 week quarter no longer phases me. You get so used to the routine. Again, it is all about time management at this place. As long as you give yourself 2 or 3 days to study for an exam you should be able to get mostly A's and B's. First year students have the most trouble with Physio and Micro./Immuno...the rest fo the classes are fine.

Lectures are fine...like any school depends on the class/prof as to how much you'll get out of it...but go to class regardless, it will help in the end. Labs are pretty easy in general and we don't have too many...1st year is micro and compounding. Workshops (lame group work) is pretty much useless, but MWU loves the idea of group work...I never did so many projects in my life than I did this past quarter.

That's good to hear that the classes aren't too bad and that the exams aren't like impossible. Are the exams multiple choice, short answer, essay, or a bit of everything? How long are they and how much time do we get to take the exams? I'm always nervous about exams, but that's great that you are doing well in your classes. How is Biochemistry for PS1 students? I took Human Anatomy & Physiology I as an undergrad, but looking at my syllabus and MWU course description, I don't think I can place out of Human Physiology I. How were the group projects? Were there any presentations in front of the class or anything? I'm sorry that I'm asking so many questions! I don't have orientation until late August and I don't have anybody that I know at MWU to talk to about Pharm classes. And I like to hear information from students that went through the classes since they have experienced it.

pharm_girl said:
That's good to hear that the classes aren't too bad and that the exams aren't like impossible. Are the exams multiple choice, short answer, essay, or a bit of everything? How long are they and how much time do we get to take the exams? I'm always nervous about exams, but that's great that you are doing well in your classes. How is Biochemistry for PS1 students? I took Human Anatomy & Physiology I as an undergrad, but looking at my syllabus and MWU course description, I don't think I can place out of Human Physiology I. How were the group projects? Were there any presentations in front of the class or anything? I'm sorry that I'm asking so many questions! I don't have orientation until late August and I don't have anybody that I know at MWU to talk to about Pharm classes. And I like to hear information from students that went through the classes since they have experienced it.

The exams all depend on the class physio, bioch, micro are all multiple choice. Therapeutics are multiple choice with a written section about a patient case. The rest vary according to instructor. Most exams are 1 1/2 to an hr and 50mn long. You wont need that much time for most of the exams except for maybe therapeutics or calculations just because of the writing involved. To place of of physiology you must take a "challenge exam" every quarter and not many people pass out of it. I know of only one girl who passed out of both quarters. Biochem here is way different from what I took in undergrad and in general, much easier than that. You have very few presentations your first year, just a lot of group work.. PS1 year you learn a bit of everything and PS2 year is where you get into the actual useful information. It is a lot more challenging the 2nd year, but you learn similar things in the three main classes...like in spring quarter we learned about antibiotics in med chem, pharm, and therapeutics.. so it makes it a little bit better to put it all together.

Members don't see this ad :)
KARM12 said:
The exams all depend on the class physio, bioch, micro are all multiple choice. Therapeutics are multiple choice with a written section about a patient case. The rest vary according to instructor. Most exams are 1 1/2 to an hr and 50mn long. You wont need that much time for most of the exams except for maybe therapeutics or calculations just because of the writing involved. To place of of physiology you must take a "challenge exam" every quarter and not many people pass out of it. I know of only one girl who passed out of both quarters. Biochem here is way different from what I took in undergrad and in general, much easier than that. You have very few presentations your first year, just a lot of group work.. PS1 year you learn a bit of everything and PS2 year is where you get into the actual useful information. It is a lot more challenging the 2nd year, but you learn similar things in the three main classes...like in spring quarter we learned about antibiotics in med chem, pharm, and therapeutics.. so it makes it a little bit better to put it all together.

Thank you so much for giving us the chance to view the pharmacy curriculum from a current student's perspective. I really appreciate it. I'm really looking forward to getting into the meat of this education.

I can't remember the last time I took a multiple choice exam. Physics, Organic, Calculus have all been long, L - O - N - G answer type questions.

What is orientation all about? What are we going to be doing during those two days?

Chris

KARM12 said:

Thank you so much for all this information. This is very helpful for me to decide which school to go, I know Maryland has a very good program, but I really don't wanna to leave Chicago. I am getting married in Jan of 2007, just can't imagine 4 years of long distance life. I am SOOOOOOO happy that I got accepted. :laugh:

freshbeatschris said:
Thank you so much for giving us the chance to view the pharmacy curriculum from a current student's perspective. I really appreciate it. I'm really looking forward to getting into the meat of this education.

I can't remember the last time I took a multiple choice exam. Physics, Organic, Calculus have all been long, L - O - N - G answer type questions.

What is orientation all about? What are we going to be doing during those two days?

Chris

Orientation...haha...most of it is a waste of time..

I am trying to remember...hmmm...you meet your advisor and have breakfast and lunch with them the first day. You meet your small group of about 7 students who you are stuck with for all 4 years of school. Pray you get a good group! They go over school policies, finanical aid stuff, introduce you to the classes and professors..you go through all the different stations and make sure you have all your paper work...they yell at you to get your titers done (no one ever has their titers complete)...take your ID pics, get fitted for white coats..hmm... You do stupid ice breakers and have a scavanger hunt around campus. Most of it is pretty lame, but they do a good job of getting you used to being on campus...since you will spend soooo much time here. They have current students around to answer questions and take you on tours...

All in all a long two days, but hey....you have no choice...

Will they check our blood titer paperwork? Isn't that just for the Office of Student Services to know?

pharm_girl said:
Will they check our blood titer paperwork? Isn't that just for the Office of Student Services to know?

They will check to make sure you have it all done and will bug you about it until you do. For some reason no one has it done by the time they start. The school requires the vaccinations and titers because they are required by the institutions that we are sent to for rotations. As long as you have them done by hospital IPE (winter or spring quarter) they really don't care too much. They will keep setting deadlines that keep getting pushed back.

Fall 2006 CCP orientation is scheduled on weekdays and I don't know if my parents can take off from work or not. Is it mandatory for parents to be there with the students or not?

pharm_girl said:
Fall 2006 CCP orientation is scheduled on weekdays and I don't know if my parents can take off from work or not. Is it mandatory for parents to be there with the students or not?

The orientation is ONLY for students, no parents (this isn't high school anymore, no parents)

pharm_girl said:

Oh gosh, no parents!

You will realize that there is a huge age range between students...our class was 19-56 years old. Many students are married and have children. The majority of students pay for school on their own and no longer live at home. Please tell mommy and daddy to go to work that day...you'll feel very foolish if they come. There is no program for parents...just students.

No parents! Got it!

So about the group that we have throughout our four years @ MWU, are we grouped randomly or specifically? Also, what do we do with our group? Do we complete case studies and assignments together? Group presentations? Work together in labs and workshops?

I also heard from another current MWU student that the courses aren't too bad. When you were studying for exams, did you feel overwhelmed or everything was under control as long as you study a bit everyday instead of cramming the night before the exam?? I feel that the courses in pharmacy school are only harder than undergrad stuff because the courses deal with so much more information that is covered in greater detail and in more depth.

KARM12 said:
Oh gosh, no parents!

You will realize that there is a huge age range between students...our class was 19-56 years old. Many students are married and have children. The majority of students pay for school on their own and no longer live at home. Please tell mommy and daddy to go to work that day...you'll feel very foolish if they come. There is no program for parents...just students.

Yeah no kidding. Parents on orientation for graduate school? :confused:

The thought of bringing my parents didn't even cross my mind and I am on the lower end of that age spectrum.

Can my mom still pack my lunch on orientation day?

rxoh said:
Can my mom still pack my lunch on orientation day?

No need, they will provide you with crappy lunches both days. One day is a boxed sandwich lunch and the other day is hotdogs/bugers/veggiburgers.

pharm_girl said:
No parents! Got it!

So about the group that we have throughout our four years @ MWU, are we grouped randomly or specifically? Also, what do we do with our group? Do we complete case studies and assignments together? Group presentations? Work together in labs and workshops?

I also heard from another current MWU student that the courses aren't too bad. When you were studying for exams, did you feel overwhelmed or everything was under control as long as you study a bit everyday instead of cramming the night before the exam?? I feel that the courses in pharmacy school are only harder than undergrad stuff because the courses deal with so much more information that is covered in greater detail and in more depth.

Your small group is randomly assigned by the university. They try to make the groups as diverse as possible. You will be with a variety of students from different ethnicities, educational backgrounds, and ages. For example my small group consists of 2 Asians, 1 Indian, 4 Caucasians....ages 20-31 when we started... 4 of us had BS degrees and 3 did not. You do all sorts of workshops and labs with your small group...a wide variety of things. Like I said, it is all the luck of the draw and pray you get a good group.

The courses at MWU aren't bad at all. I did far better at MWU as compared to undergrad. First year you won't have to worry about too many projects. Just a lot of exams. All of them are doable as long as you give yourseld 2-3 days before the exam to study. I don't think the classes are harder than undergrad, in fact I think they are easier. The profs are very straightforward in what they want you to know...like I said, I have done very well at this school. If you went to a decent undergrad school and have good study habits, you will do well at this school.

Thanks for the information! I feel more relaxed now!

I have to get into the habit of working in groups. I have always preferred working alone, which I should change since a lot of the healthcare professions are about team work. I hope I will get a good group. I remember when I was younger, I loathed group work. Most of the people just sat around not doing anything and just I and two others would be doing everything so our group won't get a bad grade. So how heavily are the labs and workshops graded? If there are mostly people that aren't working efficiently on the labs and workshops, will the whole group be penalized?

So what goes on during the orientation? Do we stay there overnight?

pharm_girl said:
Thanks for the information! I feel more relaxed now!

I have to get into the habit of working in groups. I have always preferred working alone, which I should change since a lot of the healthcare professions are about team work. I hope I will get a good group. I remember when I was younger, I loathed group work. Most of the people just sat around not doing anything and just I and two others would be doing everything so our group won't get a bad grade. So how heavily are the labs and workshops graded? If there are mostly people that aren't working efficiently on the labs and workshops, will the whole group be penalized?

Group work grades depend on the class, but they whole group gets the same grade for whatever you turn in. If you don't do well on the group work it can bring your grade down. I had that problem in biochem and the group workshop final.

insipid1979 said:
So what goes on during the orientation? Do we stay there overnight?

See the above post about orientation. Let me know if you have any specific questions. No you don't stay overnight. I don't think they would have enough space for everyone. If you do live on campus you will have already moved on to campus at this point. Orientation is the week before classes start.

KARM12 said:
See the above post about orientation. Let me know if you have any specific questions. No you don't stay overnight. I don't think they would have enough space for everyone. If you do live on campus you will have already moved on to campus at this point. Orientation is the week before classes start.

I missed that post...thanks. Before...your mentioned very few presentations your first year. Does that mean you have to give presentations to the class in the other years...or do you mean lectures?

Do we have to buy a lot of textbooks for the classes? Is there a campus bookstore that sells used books? Do most students get their books from the campus bookstore or do they buy them online?

insipid1979 said:
I missed that post...thanks. Before...your mentioned very few presentations your first year. Does that mean you have to give presentations to the class in the other years...or do you mean lectures?

Yes we had a few group presentations PS2 year. Nothing really in PS1 year. Many of the presentations are in the elective courses which you really don't take the first year.

pharm_girl said:
Do we have to buy a lot of textbooks for the classes? Is there a campus bookstore that sells used books? Do most students get their books from the campus bookstore or do they buy them online?

You won't need to buy very many books. Most classes just have note packets that you can buy or print off online if you choose. There is a campus bookstore where you can get everything, but as far as I can tell they only sell new books. I think I have bought maybe 3 books my entire 1st two years. Some classes have recommended textbooks that I never bought and still did fine without. It is all a matter if you think you will need it. I would say hold off on those books until you do need them. You only have so many days to return stuff at the bookstore. People get their books online or in the bookstore. I think you might be able to find some better deals online.

Funny question: is there a certain dress code that we have to follow at MWU? Do we have to dress professionally when attending labs, workshops, and rotations? Lectures?

That is good that most classes will provide note packets so we don't have to buy many books.

And we never do solo presentations, right? All presentations will be done in groups?

pharm_girl said:
Funny question: is there a certain dress code that we have to follow at MWU? Do we have to dress professionally when attending labs, workshops, and rotations? Lectures?

That is good that most classes will provide note packets so we don't have to buy many books.

And we never do solo presentations, right? All presentations will be done in groups?

You will have a dress code for certain classes. All rotations and most of the labs require professional dress including the school white coat. They take points off if you don't. All lectures and most workshops do not have a specific dress code.

You will have some solo presentations and some group presentations. Journal clubs and case presentations are all solo for the most part. Patient counseling labs are all solo and videotaped. A lot of the other stuff is group..but it all depends on the class.

can anyone explain what the practice experience classes are? are we already in pharmacies in our first year? is a lot of travel required? how many hours/week are involved with these practice experience classes? thanks for any help.

I think we start clinical rotations our first year at MWU.

Did anyone receive their financial aid award letter? It looks like the only financial aid I received is student loans. This is a lot different from undergrad school where I would get financial aid like Federal Pell Grant, Illinois MAP Grant, etc. Now I don't even see these awards listed. I only have student loans. Is there a way that I can increase how much I want to loan?

pharm_girl said:
I think we start clinical rotations our first year at MWU.

Did anyone receive their financial aid award letter? It looks like the only financial aid I received is student loans. This is a lot different from undergrad school where I would get financial aid like Federal Pell Grant, Illinois MAP Grant, etc. Now I don't even see these awards listed. I only have student loans. Is there a way that I can increase how much I want to loan?

When did your award letter show up? I've been checking and I haven't gotten mine yet.

As far as I understand there are no grants available to us. Only loans. I think you can take out 31k in federal loans (8k subsidized and 23k unsubsidized)...if you want to go above that then you have to take out private loans.

My award letter was posted this week. I checked it at http://online.midwestern.edu/

Yes, you are right. It shows that I can take out $8,500 Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan and ~$22,000 for the unsubsidized loan (this is the one where we have to pay interest while in school, right?) I did entrance loan counseling with Midwestern for the Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan, but not the unsubsidized one. Or did the online counseling cover both? So there's no way that I can increase the subsidized loan to more than $8k? I will look into the private loans. I read on my SAR that since we are graduate/professional students, we don't get the Federal Pell Grant and other grants.

Didn't MWU post information about providing scholarships for students that demonstrated the most financial need?

eagle4 said:
can anyone explain what the practice experience classes are? are we already in pharmacies in our first year? is a lot of travel required? how many hours/week are involved with these practice experience classes? thanks for any help.

First year we had 4 site visits that were 4 hours each. It was one visit per week (for 4 weeks or so out of the quarter). I really didn't get much out of that retail experience. It was mostly filling out worksheets in a corner (or wandering the OTC aisles) while my preceptor filled prescriptions for 3 hours, and the talking it over for an hour. I liked my hospital site visits a lot though. I got to go up on the floors, make IV's and talk with the clinical pharmacists. As for travel time... the retail pharmacy I went to was 6 miles away from my house, and the hospital I went to was about a 1/2 an hour to 45 minute drive from school. The way the schedule is made up allows you about an hour for lunch and another hour for the drive there.

eagle4 said:

You will take two IPE classes your first year and one your PS2 or 3 year. The first two are an intro to community pharmacy and intro to community. The 3rd one that you do much later is the intro to clinical. These are just site visits...not rotations...trust me rotations are way involved compared to these. The goals of IPE are to expose you to what a pharmacist does in these settings and shows you what the practice is about. As the other poster stated in IPE 1&2 you fill out a workbook. You are in the pharmacy, but you aren;t really working for them. It is mainly observing. IPE 3 has no workbook and the activities vary depending on the site you are at...but all will make you do journal club, DI consult, and a case presentation. This is to prepare you for rotation. IPE is generally the easy class of the 1st year. IPE 3 is a different story and involves quite a bit of work.

How far you travel depends on the site you are at. For community, they will put you near your hometown if you are from the chicago area. If not, they will put you at a site closer to campus. Hospital is different because there are only so many sites. You may end up communting into the city or you may not. The school considers a one hr commute to a site reasonable. You get 2 hrs between your last class and when you have to be on site.

pharm_girl said:
My award letter was posted this week. I checked it at http://online.midwestern.edu/

Yes, you are right. It shows that I can take out $8,500 Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan and ~$22,000 for the unsubsidized loan (this is the one where we have to pay interest while in school, right?) I did entrance loan counseling with Midwestern for the Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan, but not the unsubsidized one. Or did the online counseling cover both? So there's no way that I can increase the subsidized loan to more than $8k? I will look into the private loans. I read on my SAR that since we are graduate/professional students, we don't get the Federal Pell Grant and other grants.

Didn't MWU post information about providing scholarships for students that demonstrated the most financial need?

The max you can take out is 31K through MWU/Sallie Mae, $8500 subsidized and 22500 unsub. That is the standard and you can't increase those. Your online counseling covered all loans you will take out through the school. Midwestern itself doesn't give out many scholarships, although financial aid will provide information about scholarships avaliable outside the school. There are some scholarships avaliable through school but you don't apply for them until Jan...they base it on your grades and activities. Again, most of these are through outside companies.

Has anyone still not received their financial aid award letter yet? What tab under online.midwestern.edu is this information under?

KARM12 said:
You will take two IPE classes your first year and one your PS2 or 3 year. The first two are an intro to community pharmacy and intro to community. The 3rd one that you do much later is the intro to clinical. These are just site visits...not rotations...trust me rotations are way involved compared to these. The goals of IPE are to expose you to what a pharmacist does in these settings and shows you what the practice is about. As the other poster stated in IPE 1&2 you fill out a workbook. You are in the pharmacy, but you aren;t really working for them. It is mainly observing. IPE 3 has no workbook and the activities vary depending on the site you are at...but all will make you do journal club, DI consult, and a case presentation. This is to prepare you for rotation. IPE is generally the easy class of the 1st year. IPE 3 is a different story and involves quite a bit of work.

How far you travel depends on the site you are at. For community, they will put you near your hometown if you are from the chicago area. If not, they will put you at a site closer to campus. Hospital is different because there are only so many sites. You may end up communting into the city or you may not. The school considers a one hr commute to a site reasonable. You get 2 hrs between your last class and when you have to be on site.
Do we usually go to the IPE sites with other people from school? Also, is it true that we are automatically enrolled in the classes we will be taking? When do we receive our class schedules?

eagle4 said:
Do we usually go to the IPE sites with other people from school? Also, is it true that we are automatically enrolled in the classes we will be taking? When do we receive our class schedules?

You didn't get a class schedule at MCV? If you want me to scan my copy PM me and let me know. They said we are automatically registered also.

insipid1979 said:
You didn't get a class schedule at MCV? If you want me to scan my copy PM me and let me know. They said we are automatically registered also.
I went to an MCV this past spring, so the schedule they gave us was a spring schedule. I thought the MCV schedules were only examples. You're sure you have a fall 2006 schedule? Is the schedule something I can access online or something they hand out during orientation?

eagle4 said:
I went to an MCV this past spring, so the schedule they gave us was a spring schedule. I thought the MCV schedules were only examples. You're sure you have a fall 2006 schedule? Is the schedule something I can access online or something they hand out during orientation?

You are right. Mine is for Fall 2005. I'm sure they will either mail us one or give us one at orientation. On the online.midwestern.edu website they have a student schedule link on the left. Mine is blank now though...maybe they will update it in like August.

eagle4 said:

Most IPE sites you will be with other students...especailly for hospital and clinical. Community, it is a toss up. I was with another student, but I know some of my friends weren't.

Yes you are automatically enrolled. Everyone takes the same classes at the same time. The only time you pick any classes are when electives roll around...but you don't really take any your first year..maybe 1-2 credits max. You will get the schedule over the summer or through the intranet site...the tentative schedules are posted.

KARM12 said:
Midwestern itself doesn't give out many scholarships, although financial aid will provide information about scholarships avaliable outside the school. There are some scholarships avaliable through school but you don't apply for them until Jan...they base it on your grades and activities. Again, most of these are through outside companies.

Are those scholarships like the $5,000/year with CVS?

Do some MWU students get the Federal Perkins Loan? I didn't see it listed on my award letter. I am going to take the 31k loan :eek: because I don't have any other choice. I don't have any scholarships or grants.

Off-topic question: MWU has a campus gym, right? Do the students have to pay any fees or anything like that to use the gym? What kind of exercising equipment stuff does the gym have?

Also, have you taken any electives so far? If so, what are they like? Do they add more stress and time to the already required study/work load or are they not too bad?