Just got my mcat score back, opinions please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gozes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So now that the wheels in my brain are spinning after getting my scores , I wouldn't mind some opinions. I just got my MCAT score back and got a 26 (1o verbal, 9 bio, 7 physical). Not exactly thrilled, but I'm gonna apply with it, because I have nothing to lose at this point. Also I have zero energy to retake it again. I'd rather take my chances this cycle and give myself another year to re-cooperate before enduring a few months of misery again.

Opinions just based on numbers:
Overall GPA 3.76
Science GPA 3.65
MCAT 26

Do I have a fighting chance for DO schools? Any advise? Also any recommendations for DO schools to apply to that would consider these numbers? (Florida resident) (yes I know they look at more than just the numbers, but everything else extracurricular's volunteering etc. are fine)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, if you apply broadly. Suggest skipping the Touros and CCOM.

Do I have a fighting chance for DO schools? Any advise? Also any recommendations for DO schools to apply to that would consider these numbers? (Florida resident) (yes I know they look at more than just the numbers, but everything else extracurricular's volunteering etc. are fine)[/QUOTE]

These are the school's I'e applied to so far. Touro NY is gonna be a big reach, but (I think?) I might have some shot at the other schools? Opinions? Recommendations? Thanks!

Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, AL
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus, FL
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill, PA
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, NY
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, ME