just got my pharmacy technician license!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kies89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just checked and i finally became a pharmacy technician.
So i am going to look for pharmacy tech job near my area.

can i get some advices how to get a job?

should i search online or actually just visit target, safeway, rite aid or walgreen etc.. to ask and apply for pharmacy technician?

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the pharmacy and introduce yourself and dress nice and blah blah. Bring a resume/CV. Ask if they are looking for help and if the say no submit an app anyways because I worked as a tech for three years before I started pharm school and techs have a high turnover rate so they might not be hiring now but who knows next week somebody could quit or just not show up.

Reactions: 1 user
I just checked and i finally became a pharmacy technician.
So i am going to look for pharmacy tech job near my area.

can i get some advices how to get a job?

should i search online or actually just visit target, safeway, rite aid or walgreen etc.. to ask and apply for pharmacy technician?

Congrats on the shiny new license! Definitely take the above posters advice and visit pharmacies in person with a CV/resume. Be sure to ask for the Pharmacy manager don't talk to anyone else in regards to employment. Dress to impress, Goodluck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys!
btw what is CV? is resume good enough?

CONGRATS!!! I would go there or look online to see which places are actually hiring. Don't get discouraged if you don't get a job right away because a lot of them tend to want to hire someone with experience just cause they don't want to train people. It took me like 6 months to find a job! I would keep applying NO MATTER WHAT! Go with a resume and let them know that you have submitted an online application, so it makes it easier for them to pull you up.