Just Out Of Curiosity, and Nothing Else...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DICK

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a pre-dental student. I use to be a pre-med student when I was a freshman in college. Then, I stopped, and realized that I new nothing about medicine. So I researched into it, and it just did not appeal to me at all. For some reason, Dentistry did!

For those of you 'truly' interested in medicine, what are your thoughts on Dentistry? Does it appleal to you? Why, or why not?

I'm only interested in opinions from those people that are truly interested in pursing medicine.

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

My mom is a dentist and obviously she wants someone to take over her dental office…I tried to enjoy dentistry for her, but it just didn’t appeal to me. Medicine has and will be my dream, but I gave dentistry a try and I couldn’t seem myself focusing on one part of the body… it’s an excellent carrier but not for me. Also dentistry is an art form in a way depending on which type of dentist you choose to be, and if you like art then dentistry is good.

CopticFezz said:
My mom is a dentist and obviously she wants someone to take over her dental office…I tried to enjoy dentistry for her, but it just didn’t appeal to me. Medicine has and will be my dream, but I gave dentistry a try and I couldn’t seem myself focusing on one part of the body… it’s an excellent carrier but not for me. Also dentistry is an art form in a way depending on which type of dentist you choose to be, and if you like art then dentistry is good.

you are correct! dentistry is a craft, and i love art! i think that is one of the reason's why i'm attracted to the profession!

DICK said:
you are correct! dentistry is a craft, and i love art! i think that is one of the reason's why i'm attracted to the profession!

Awesome you will be an excellent dentist for sure!