Just took the ACT and feel burnt out.

Dr.Optic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a situation here. I just took the ACT yesterday and I feel really burnt out today. I can't find myself to love studying anymore. I feel honestly a little depressed at times throughout the day. It started happening after the ACT. I can't seem to focus in when I study. I feel very tired and I am feeling kinda burnt out. Is this happening to anyone? I feel like a zombie right now. Does anyone have any tips on what to do? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Um I guess just try and sleep it off? Prepping and taking standardized tests is very tolling but if you didn't have any such symptoms before than I wouldn't worry about it. I felt the same after my first AP week (3 sophomore year) and I was soooo stressed, but I am fine now. Just take a break lol

The ACT is hard, man. Give yourself credit where credit is due. Consider taking some time for self care. Get at least 6 hours of sleep a night, exercise a few times a week, eat 3-6 small healthy meals a day, stay hydrated. Maybe call up a friend you haven't seen in a while and do something relaxing.

If you still feel this way after 2 weeks, make an appointment with your primary care to rule out major depressive disorder.

I hope you feel like yourself again soon. Sending good vibes and good grades your way.

Reactions: 1 user