KA P/S passage question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustinM88

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_2018_01_03_at_6_23_44_PM.png
[/URL]
how to upload a picture on the internet

https://ibb.co/gL9r9w

I'm missing something here. Why would it be more cost-effective to target a larger # of people than a smaller # of people in this case?

Members don't see this ad.

Cost effectiveness has to do with more than just overall cost - it's also about the added benefits you get with costs. You could spend $100 for something of no value (zero cost-effectiveness) or $1000 for something that gives you a lot of added value/benefits. In this case, the study is showing that grade-level effects are bigger than individual effects in determining an individual's marijuana usage. So to get the biggest bang for your buck, so to speak, you would survey at the grade level.

Cost effectiveness has to do with more than just overall cost - it's also about the added benefits you get with costs. You could spend $100 for something of no value (zero cost-effectiveness) or $1000 for something that gives you a lot of added value/benefits. In this case, the study is showing that grade-level effects are bigger than individual effects in determining an individual's marijuana usage. So to get the biggest bang for your buck, so to speak, you would survey at the grade level.

Awesome explanation, I appreciate it.

Could you clarify this part of what you said:
"the study is showing that grade-level effects are bigger than individual effects in determining an individual's marijuana usage."
Are you looking at the 4.4% increase vs. the 2.8% increase relationship? If I had to guess I'd say you were comparing the Grade-level effect (4.4%) to the Nominated peers effect (2.8%) and that the correct answer of the four answer choices, when saying 'individual marijuana users', was referring to the Nominated peers...

Last edited:
Are you looking at the 4.4% increase vs. the 2.8% increase relationship? If I had to guess I'd say you were comparing the Grade-level effect (4.4%) to the Nominated peers effect (2.8%) and that the correct answer of the four answer choices, when saying 'individual marijuana users', was referring to the Nominated peers...

Yes, that was how I interpreted it.

Reactions: 1 user