Kansas State c/o 2018 Applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone!!! I received an interview invite as well!! I am an OOS student who attends KSU! Do not panic if you haven't heard! The 12/14 & 12/15 interviews is every instate person.. They interview them first! So don't panic :) there are many more waves of dates

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats KSU2015!!!

Hopefully you're right and those waves have good news for the rest of us :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed K-State about my application status. (I have an interview in Iowa coming up and was hoping to see if there was a way to potentially coordinate interviews if I were offered). I was told "You will likely hear from us during the first week of December regarding interviews scheduled during January." Hope that timeline helps quell some anxiety for everyone waiting for their interview invitations!

Reactions: 6 users
I emailed K-State about my application status. (I have an interview in Iowa coming up and was hoping to see if there was a way to potentially coordinate interviews if I were offered). I was told "You will likely hear from us during the first week of December regarding interviews scheduled during January." Hope that timeline helps quell some anxiety for everyone waiting for their interview invitations!
Thanks for letting us know!

I applied to K-state as well and am anxiously waiting for a reply. lol.

Interview :) January 5th. OOS.

Hang in there guys.... I just got my email... It's 6 pm on the east coast but I guess it's earlier in Kansas! Good luck everyone! I'm sure there's a lot more to come!

I got my e-mail at two o'clock eastern time today. January 4th at 9:00 am. OOS. :)

^Received an interview invite at about the same time today. I'm OOS and my interview is January 4th at 2pm.

I received an interview invite today :) The email came today around 3:45 and is for January 4th at 1:30pm. Fingers crossed for you all.

Did they give you a scheduled time/day in your email or do you get to pick?? I'm concerned that if I get interviews to KSU and ISU they'll wind up on the same weekend or day. Weekend I can swing, but not same day.

Note: neither has happened yet just hypothetical fretting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so excited to be posting on this board!! I have been stalking my e-mail daily ever since people started posting they received interview invites. Now I just have to wait until my next paycheck to book a flight!

Congrats folks!

Didn't realize the 4th and 5th was an interview weekend, I'll be getting back in town that Sunday for the week!

Did they give you a scheduled time/day in your email or do you get to pick?? I'm concerned that if I get interviews to KSU and ISU they'll wind up on the same weekend or day. Weekend I can swing, but not same day.

They tell you the time when you receive your invite, but as for rescheduling, I'm not sure. Some schools are more flexible about it than others. Just be ready to be flexible (or worst case decline one of the interviews) if that happens.

They assigned a specific day and time. It was followed by the statement that, "Rescheduling of interview times will be done only in case of extreme emergency."

Has anyone looked into potentially taking a train in? I'm just trying to explore all options.

wow, i just realized that my interview is at 8:30 am on Sunday the 5th - sheesh what an early start! congrats everyone!!

They assigned a specific day and time. It was followed by the statement that, "Rescheduling of interview times will be done only in case of extreme emergency."

Has anyone looked into potentially taking a train in? I'm just trying to explore all options.

I hadn't even considered that possibility. I started looking at flights to see how much its going to run me. I'm glad they gave us a list of hotels! I will look at this stuff at a later date, when my eyes are not fighting sleep, haha!

Hi friends. So I got an interview invite for Sat Jan 4th :) I'm really excited, but I'm a little bit nervous about potentially having an interview at another school on the same day since now seems to be the time that schools are sending out interviews. How long do you think it is acceptable to wait before accepting an interview? Congrats to everyone!! :)

Congrats everyone!!!! Now I'm nervous because I didn't receive an email yesterday. Do they usually send out invites on more than one day?

Okay thank you! That makes me feel better. I know Missouri did theirs all in one day. I didn't know if Kansas did the same, but I am glad to know they don't :)

Congrats to all that have received interviews so far! I also received one for January 4th at 8:30 am! Plane tickets and hotel already booked!!! OOS first time applicant.

Last edited:
Hi friends. So I got an interview invite for Sat Jan 4th :) I'm really excited, but I'm a little bit nervous about potentially having an interview at another school on the same day since now seems to be the time that schools are sending out interviews. How long do you think it is acceptable to wait before accepting an interview? Congrats to everyone!! :)
Congrats! What other schools did you apply to? Most of the schools I applied to wont even send out interview invites until mid January so there may not be any conflict!

Congrats! What other schools did you apply to? Most of the schools I applied to wont even send out interview invites until mid January so there may not be any conflict!
Hopefully, but there are several that send out invites before the new year and hold them shortly after. I was fortunate as my interviews were all 3 weekends in a row last January, but conflicts do happen.

Well I finally booked the plane tickets & hotels...The flights I originally wanted were already booked >.< Looks like I have to get up at 4 in the morning Friday ugh.

I have an interview as well! I found out Nov 27, but I forgot to update on here.
I'm OOS and received the notification by email.

Well I finally booked the plane tickets & hotels...The flights I originally wanted were already booked >.< Looks like I have to get up at 4 in the morning Friday ugh.

Where are you coming from? I'm in New York/New England and the prices for flying out to Kansas are unbearable. If you don't mind me asking, what airline are you (and other interviewees) taking? I haven't been on a plane since 1996 so I'm a little out of the loop :arghh:

Where are you coming from? I'm in New York/New England and the prices for flying out to Kansas are unbearable. If you don't mind me asking, what airline are you (and other interviewees) taking? I haven't been on a plane since 1996 so I'm a little out of the loop :arghh:

I'm flying Delta. The price for airfare, a car to get from MCI to Manhattan and the hotel was around 600. Definitely not wallet friendly. But hopefully it will all be worth it. :)

I'm not old enough to rent a car so that made life much more difficult. The price of a shuttle from KCl one way was $190 so it ended up being easier to fly to the local manhattan airport. I'm leaving out of philly and it was ~$430 per ticket unfortunately. I used all the major ticket places and filled in all the info until the last payment page to see what the total was with all the hidden fees/insurance and choose the cheapest one.

I'm not old enough to rent a car so that made life much more difficult. The price of a shuttle from KCl one way was $190 so it ended up being easier to fly to the local manhattan airport. I'm leaving out of philly and it was ~$430 per ticket unfortunately. I used all the major ticket places and filled in all the info until the last payment page to see what the total was with all the hidden fees/insurance and choose the cheapest one.

The rental company I rented from allows 18 year olds to rent. There are additional costs if you're under 25, but at least they give you a car. I used Payless. Surprisingly, it was actually the cheapest with rates I could find too.

Hey everyone, Kansas is actually super nice and last year they had someone pick us up from the airport and from the hotels (if you go with one of their suggestions) so that you don't have to worry about taxis or rental cars.

Does anyone know when Kansas sends out rejection letters and how they come?

Hey everyone, Kansas is actually super nice and last year they had someone pick us up from the airport and from the hotels (if you go with one of their suggestions) so that you don't have to worry about taxis or rental cars.
Yeah they said they had shuttles running hourly from the hotels to the school..but I didn't see anything about taxis from the airport to the hotels (the campus, maybe).

I'm picking up my car around 3:00 (my flight arrives around 2:30) and returning the next day by three. If anyone wants to catch a ride one way or both ways and split costs, let me know. Not sure if anyone else would be comfortable with this, but just thought I'd put the option out there.

I am going to be driving from Denver to Manhattan with my mom. It will sadly be cheaper to drive my mom's car than to fly.

Edit: Granted, I would need to get an invite first. lol.

If you're flying into the Manhattan airport, there will likely be a student there to pick you up. You can probably confirm that with the school, but when I flew in I was expecting to have to try to find a taxi, and there was a student there with a sign that he was picking up students coming in for interviews.

I stalked the "Successful Applicants" thread at 5 am this morning. How am I going to sleep the next two weeks until my interview?!?!?

Reactions: 1 users
If you're flying into the Manhattan airport, there will likely be a student there to pick you up. You can probably confirm that with the school, but when I flew in I was expecting to have to try to find a taxi, and there was a student there with a sign that he was picking up students coming in for interviews.

I originally was going to go with KCl since it's MUCH cheaper. But the cost of a shuttle for a 2 hour ride was ridiculous so I went with the more expensive plane tickets. :dead: Did they take you to the campus or to the hotels?

We rented a car for like 17 dollars a day, something ridiculous at the KCI. Congrats on the interviews guys! Don't worry about getting an invite later then everyone else. I got a late invite and was accepted for 2017. I loved the people, school and town. If it wasn't so expensive I'd have gone to K-state.

Oh and the Holiday Inn in Manhattan is amazing! Super clean and a good continental breakfast.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my invite today! My interview is January 18th at 2:30! (thank goodness I don't have an early one like some of you, mornings are not my forte)
Anyone else hear today?

And good luck to those of you still waiting!!!:luck:

Reactions: 1 users
Got my invite today! My interview is January 18th at 2:30! (thank goodness I don't have an early one like some of you, mornings are not my forte)
Anyone else hear today?

And good luck to those of you still waiting!!!:luck:

Not yet:(:shrug::nailbiting::bang:. Still anxiously awaiting! What time did you hear today?

Not yet:(:shrug::nailbiting::bang:. Still anxiously awaiting! What time did you hear today?
The email was sent just after 5 pm.

Don't worry too much, last year they sent out interviews a bunch of different times. I'm not sure the method to their madness, but I would be surprised if they were all done sending them out. Good luck to you!

I was starting to get worried! Got my invitation to interview when I checked my email tonight! So excited!

What did your interview letter look like? I got something from them but it told me to fill out an application of some sort for admission. I think maybe it was ant by accident...

I got an interview offer tonight as well - mine is Jan 18th as well, but @ 2:00pm. Best birthday present ever!! Congrats to all!

Reactions: 2 users
What did your interview letter look like? I got something from them but it told me to fill out an application of some sort for admission. I think maybe it was ant by accident...

It began with, "As part of the application process, you are invited to interview with representatives of the admissions committee of the Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine on Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 9:00 a.m." It then followed with details as to what needed to be brought and various hotels that they were running shuttles to. The subject line read, "Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine."

YES!! I finally got my invite this morning! :) There is hope for everyone still waiting! My interview is Jan 19 at 8AM!