Kansas State c/o 2020

Started by battie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
woohoo! Congrats! I'm so excited. I'm 9am on December 20th
Sounds like we'll see each other there!

I submitted my supplemental early August and VMCAS September 14th. My stats are average to below average, so I have no idea in what order they're sending these out. :shrug: The more app cycles I go through, the more I become convinced schools just throw darts at a board! Good luck everyone, it's still early in the cycle. 🙂
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted both in July, that's pretty early, right? I'm not worried! My GPA is extremely average, so I'm definitely not a "top pick". Still hopeful I'll get an interview! :xf:
You got this!!!

After looking through the thread last year, it seems as though interview invites went out in three different rounds and they were pretty random order. Those with at least a 3.4 science GPA and above a 50th percentile GRE were offered interviews from what it seems like. So I guess the science GPA was a lot more important than overall GPA? If that's the case, that's probably why I got offered an interview. I have a very average cumulative GPA but high science GPA
 
K State peeps... Do you think they are done sending out invites for the December 19/20 interview dates? Or do you think they'll send more tomorrow/next week?
 
Any recommendations as to which airport to fly into and hotels?
Kansas City airport is about 2 hours by car from Manhattan. There is a shuttle service between KC to Manhattan but I've never used it.

Manhattan airport (MHK) has limited flights from only Dallas and Chicago, so depending on where you are a connection would be required and tickets can be more expensive than to KC. Airport is 10-15 minute drive from the town and campus.

There are lots of hotels around, availability is fine except during football weekends, so take your pick.
 
K State peeps... Do you think they are done sending out invites for the December 19/20 interview dates? Or do you think they'll send more tomorrow/next week?
I got this email a few months back when I asked if the interview days were scheduled:
"We will be scheduling interviews on the following dates.
December 19 and 20, 2015
January 16, 17, 30, and 31, 2016"

What's important to know is the December interviews are for the IS students. The ones for OOS will be e-mailed to schedule the January interviews. I read this on the KSU website over the summer but I cannot for the life of me find that information now. You could take my word for it since it will mean there's plenty of time left for OOS to receive an interview request.
 
What's important to know is the December interviews are for the IS students. The ones for OOS will be e-mailed to schedule the January interviews. I read this on the KSU website over the summer but I cannot for the life of me find that information now. You could take my word for it since it will mean there's plenty of time left for OOS to receive an interview request.
That's not true, I and several other OOS people have received interview invites for December 20th. I think the 19th may be just IS, though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's not true, I and several other OOS people have received interview invites for December 20th. I think the 19th may be just IS, though.

That's likely. More time will be needed to interview roughly 300 of you, making January the better option for scheduling the majority of the OOS interviews.
 
Hello everyone! I'm OS and I have an interview on Dec. 20.
I'm planning to fly in from California to Wichita on the 18th and I'm going to rent a car on the 18th or 19th to travel to Manhattan. I was wondering if anyone else would be in a similar situation and wanted to look into sharing room or car costs with me. Let me know!
 
Last edited:
Hello everyone! I'm OS and I have an interview on Dec. 20.
I'm planning to fly in from California to Wichita on the 18th and I'm going to rent a car on the 18th or 19th to travel to Manhattan. I was wondering if anyone else would be in a similar situation and wanted to look into sharing room or car costs with me. Let me know!

I have a somewhat unrelated comment- when you drive to Manhattan you should stop at Russell Stover's in Abilene for ice cream and chocolate! haha it's delicious
 
Hello everyone! I'm OS and I have an interview on Dec. 20.
I'm planning to fly in from California to Wichita on the 18th and I'm going to rent a car on the 18th or 19th to travel to Manhattan. I was wondering if anyone else would be in a similar situation and wanted to look into sharing room or car costs with me. Let me know!
I would but I'm flying into Kansas City and renting a car there. I may see you there though! Are you going to the pizza party?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well Doc elmore said that ppl will receive interview invites 6 weeks before their interview so maybe another few weeks for the January peeps?
 
I got this email a few months back when I asked if the interview days were scheduled:
"We will be scheduling interviews on the following dates.
December 19 and 20, 2015
January 16, 17, 30, and 31, 2016"
There are three interview weekends and I think three invite rounds.

Don't worry yet guys!! There's still plenty of time to receive an interview invite 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad