-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Kansas State c/o 2020
Started by battie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So... just panicking about my interview. So is the interview attire business casual? I am just needing to make sure.
I saw a couple of people wearing business casual attire. I wore a suit. I don't remember seeing anything explicitly stating one way or the other.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So... just panicking about my interview. So is the interview attire business casual? I am just needing to make sure.
I wore a suit when I interviewed in December.
I'm low-key panicking, so you're not alone. 😉 I'm wearing a suit with a pair of black heels.
Business professional def. I wore a suit with a button down shirt and heels and one of my interviewers actually complimented me on being so well dressed
Why snail mail!!? WHY! Hopefully they'll also just send out emails at some point, or some of us may be in for a long and stressful wait! Also, does anyone know if they are sending out rejections too?
P.S. Yes, definitely wear a nice suit to interview!
P.S. Yes, definitely wear a nice suit to interview!
I doubt there is just yet! Go for it!Does anyone know if there's a class Facebook page set up yet?
Good luck to everyone else interviewing this weekend! 🙂
Good luck to everyone else interviewing this weekend! 🙂
And enjoy the nice weather and get out before the possible winter storm next week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been extremely impressed by KState this weekend. Honestly I think this is my #1 pick after hearing about the curriculum and community, and talking to students and faculty. Keeping my fingers tightly crossed that I receive an offer within the next couple of weeks!!! Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! The atmosphere is very laid back and conversational. I thoroughly enjoyed it 🙂
This week marks the deadline for when we are to hear back with decisions. My question is, were the acceptances that were sent already preliminary or all of the acceptances from the first weekend of interview? Will there be more acceptances from the first weekend when all decisions are sent out?
I interviewed first weekend, 1/16, and have not heard anything.
I interviewed first weekend, 1/16, and have not heard anything.
I'm in the same situation. (Although I believe we were the second weekend, as some interviewed on 1/08. Third if you count the early ones.)This week marks the deadline for when we are to hear back with decisions. My question is, were the acceptances that were sent already preliminary or all of the acceptances from the first weekend of interview? Will there be more acceptances from the first weekend when all decisions are sent out?
I interviewed first weekend, 1/16, and have not heard anything.
I'm in the same situation. (Although I believe we were the second weekend, as some interviewed on 1/08. Third if you count the early ones.)
Mary Sue said that 1/16 and 1/17 were the first OOS interviews, guess everyone is messed up. Haha. The wait is nerve wracking.
I might be thinking of a different school for 1/08, but I know OOS applicants interviewed on 12/20 as they posted about acceptances a while agoMary Sue said that 1/16 and 1/17 were the first OOS interviews, guess everyone is messed up. Haha. The wait is nerve wracking.
This week marks the deadline for when we are to hear back with decisions. My question is, were the acceptances that were sent already preliminary or all of the acceptances from the first weekend of interview? Will there be more acceptances from the first weekend when all decisions are sent out?
I interviewed first weekend, 1/16, and have not heard anything.
It's still possible to receive an acceptance.
Welp, still haven't heard anything from KState. No interview or rejection... yet 🙄
Me too. lol. We'll see.
I just got my acceptance letter in the mail! Aaaahhh, so happy. I loved KState after interviewing/touring and would love to go here.
I'm OOS and I interviewed on the 17th. The letter was dated the 19th, postmarked the 21st, but arrived just today.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! It isn't over until you have that rejection/alternate letter, so try to stay hopeful.
I'm OOS and I interviewed on the 17th. The letter was dated the 19th, postmarked the 21st, but arrived just today.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! It isn't over until you have that rejection/alternate letter, so try to stay hopeful.

Got an offer but declined for Illinois!
Last edited:
Better change your "Class of 2020?" to "CLASS OF 2020!!!!!" CONGRATULATIONS!I just got my acceptance letter in the mail! Aaaahhh, so happy. I loved KState after interviewing/touring and would love to go here.
I'm OOS and I interviewed on the 17th. The letter was dated the 19th, postmarked the 21st, but arrived just today.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! It isn't over until you have that rejection/alternate letter, so try to stay hopeful.![]()
That was adorable.Better change your "Class of 2020?" to "CLASS OF 2020!!!!!" CONGRATULATIONS!
[emoji39]That was adorable.
Does anyone know about K-State's dress code? I know it's a bit soon but I'm curious.
During the interview, our tour guide said they do have a vet school dress code, I believe she used "business casual". However she did say what she was wearing was acceptable, which was nice jeans, white keds, a cute shirt, and a K-State vet med zip up. So not too strict, but don't look like a ragamuffin!Does anyone know about K-State's dress code? I know it's a bit soon but I'm curious.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During the interview, our tour guide said they do have a vet school dress code, I believe she used "business casual". However she did say what she was wearing was acceptable, which was nice jeans, white keds, a cute shirt, and a K-State vet med zip up. So not too strict, but don't look like a ragamuffin!
Thank you! Good to know nice jeans are okay. And keds, I love keds!
You should contact the school... They said if you haven't heard 2 weeks after your interview to email Dr. ElmoreIs there anyone else that interviewed in December that is still waiting on a decision?
During the interview, our tour guide said they do have a vet school dress code, I believe she used "business casual". However she did say what she was wearing was acceptable, which was nice jeans, white keds, a cute shirt, and a K-State vet med zip up. So not too strict, but don't look like a ragamuffin!
This is pretty much on point. There is a dress code in the student faculty handbook, but unless you come in looking like a hobo no one really enforces it. Some days I'll dress nicer when I feel motivated, but I usually wear jeans and a button-down/polo/sweater, sometimes a t-shirt plus or minus a sweatshirt. Once you're on clinics that changes, but for the classroom you can more or less prioritize comfort.
This is pretty much on point. There is a dress code in the student faculty handbook, but unless you come in looking like a hobo no one really enforces it. Some days I'll dress nicer when I feel motivated, but I usually wear jeans and a button-down/polo/sweater, sometimes a t-shirt plus or minus a sweatshirt. Once you're on clinics that changes, but for the classroom you can more or less prioritize comfort.
Thanks for the info!!!
This would be a major adjustment. I'm a D1 athlete. Sweats are my life.
Not to mention leggings and yoga pants. I like literally only wear jeans to the barn.
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has gotten a rejection letter or not for KS? I haven't gotten an email for an interview or a rejection letter and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
This would be a major adjustment. I'm a D1 athlete. Sweats are my life.
I think the dress code seems pretty relaxed compared to what I've read about some other schools!
You're not alone. Plenty of people have not gotten anything from KState, including myself.Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has gotten a rejection letter or not for KS? I haven't gotten an email for an interview or a rejection letter and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
I had my interview this past weekend and Mary Sue Moore said that there were some applicants from the first round of interviews (16th and 17th) that they sent acceptances out to right away (students that the panel really wanted to offer acceptance to quickly), but not everyone got one. She said that everyone from all interview dates will find out either yes, waitlist, or no, by the end of the second week in February. Hope this helps!
I had my interview this past weekend and Mary Sue Moore said that there were some applicants from the first round of interviews (16th and 17th) that they sent acceptances out to right away (students that the panel really wanted to offer acceptance to quickly), but not everyone got one. She said that everyone from all interview dates will find out either yes, waitlist, or no, by the end of the second week in February. Hope this helps!
Thank you for sharing this. I'm still not optimistic, but at least this answers some of my questions. Since I know acceptances have been given out after each of the interview dates, I'm wondering, has anyone here from interview dates before or on 1/16 received *rejections*, or are they just holding out on those completely until all decisions have been made?...
This would be a major adjustment. I'm a D1 athlete. Sweats are my life.
Heh, I'd probably still pass on the sweats and leggings. Hey could be worse though, some schools require all students to dress formally. Every day. Not a bad thing I suppose, but more work than I care to do to just sit in class.
Out of the 4 schools I'm interviewing at, this is the only one with a dress code, so I'm a little surprised. I'd have to factor in the cost of a wardrobe update with everything else if I get into more than one
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have yet to hearHas anyone else not heard anything yet from K-State?
Haven't heard anything as well. Tbh I'm waiting for a rejection letter to come anytime soon.Has anyone else not heard anything yet from K-State?
Ugh same here.Haven't heard anything as well. Tbh I'm waiting for a rejection letter to come anytime soon.
I interviewed on the 17th