You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Kansas State (KSU) c/o 2027 Applicants
Started by Polocrosse2017
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Current first year if anyone has any questions! 🙂
1st time OOS!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Another current first year here! Good luck to all of you [emoji16]
1st time OOS from WI, best of luck to us all!!
1st time oos!
I haven't heard anything from themHas anyone gotten an email about them receiving the Casper score yet? Or just any email in general?
Has anyone gotten an email about them receiving the Casper score yet? Or just any email in general?
Last cycle I never got a confirmation from the school that they received my Casper score but the altus suite sent me an email when scores were posted and sent. The first main emails i got from KSU started coming in late october, hope that helps!
Yes, thank you!!Last cycle I never got a confirmation from the school that they received my Casper score but the altus suite sent me an email when scores were posted and sent. The first main emails i got from KSU started coming in late october, hope that helps!
I am a current 2nd year student if anybody has questions!
Third time OOS applicant here, looking forward to chatting with y'all this cycle!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
last year i heard from them on November 23rdInterview invites are this month according to the website! Anyone know if we should expect them early, mid or late November?
TAMU sent me a rejection while I was on vacation last year.Why do so many schools choose to give their decisions/interviews the day before Thanksgiving? 😭 TAMU's is the 23rd this year for sure
Why do so many schools choose to give their decisions/interviews the day before Thanksgiving? [emoji24] TAMU's is the 23rd this year for sure
The cvm gets the whole week off for thanksgiving so I think its just a convenient time to relay statuses without having students on campus but that absolutely doesnt mean kstate will let y’all know the day before thanksgiving like last year! It could be any day now for y’all!
Ouch, just got a notification that I was denied. On the bright side I still have 10 more schools to hear from. Best of luck to everyone else!
Got an email survey about options for interviewing if I’m selected. Fingers crossed for next week!
Got an email survey about options for interviewing if I’m selected. Fingers crossed for next week!
Same here! I wanting wanting to go in person to see the school!
I got this too. Kinda confused why they would bother with the survey if you might not be invited?Got an email survey about options for interviewing if I’m selected. Fingers crossed for next week!
Me too! Good luck!Got an email survey about options for interviewing if I’m selected. Fingers crossed for next week!

Just probably to give a heads up of what applicants they might have?I got this too. Kinda confused why they would bother with the survey if you might not be invited?
Introvertedextrovert
University of Illinois c/o 2027
I'm also confused why they'd send them, but its so hard to not get my hopes up. Unless they're making decisions between select individuals right now, and maybe people who don't do this survey just don't get an interview?I got this too. Kinda confused why they would bother with the survey if you might not be invited?
Ouch, just got a notification that I was denied. On the bright side I still have 10 more schools to hear from. Best of luck to everyone else!
Did they say why?
charliesmom98
Full Member
I’m assuming everyone that got that email made the GPA cutoff?
Yes, I apparently unfortunately did not make their GPA cutoff this year. I did last year and also received the email about the interview survey then as well, so if you got one of those then I'd say it's safe to say y'all made the initial evaluation, so congrats to you guys and best of luck with the rest of the cycle!Did they say why?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you receive an interview invite last year?Yes, I apparently unfortunately did not make their GPA cutoff this year. I did last year and also received the email about the interview survey then as well, so if you got one of those then I'd say it's safe to say y'all made the initial evaluation, so congrats to you guys and best of luck with the rest of the cycle!
No I did not. So to clarify receiving the email is not a guarantee to an interview if that helps clear things up.Did you receive an interview invite last year?
I just wanted to mention that you should pick the type of interview that would best fit your schedule and budget! Please don’t get worked up in thinking that you absolutely have to have an in person interview in order to be considered a better applicant. I chose to do my interview online last year and it was still an awesome experience (literally best interview I had!)! Now I’m a first year so do whats best for you and good luck!
Also got the survey, so yay I think 😅. I need to talk to my family to see if I do get one which format would be best since I'm a good 11 hours from Kansas...
I just wanted to mention that you should pick the type of interview that would best fit your schedule and budget! Please don’t get worked up in thinking that you absolutely have to have an in person interview in order to be considered a better applicant. I chose to do my interview online last year and it was still an awesome experience (literally best interview I had!)! Now I’m a first year so do whats best for you and good luck!
Do you know how many people roughly got that email to how many are selected for interviews?
Thank you for this, I was just agonizing over what to do because it’s a 13 hour drive for me and I’d have to take off work with no PTO. Definitely going to interview on zoom now 🙂I just wanted to mention that you should pick the type of interview that would best fit your schedule and budget! Please don’t get worked up in thinking that you absolutely have to have an in person interview in order to be considered a better applicant. I chose to do my interview online last year and it was still an awesome experience (literally best interview I had!)! Now I’m a first year so do whats best for you and good luck!
Do you know how many people roughly got that email to how many are selected for interviews?
This is the only info we received about applicant info and it was after we were admitted. I don’t think they would release the numbers while the admissions process is still underway but you could certainly email admissions to ask!
I also got the survey link. I had to choose the Zoom option. Does anyone know if they are traditional interviews or MMI?
If they are the same as last year they are traditional open file interviews with maybe a few situational questions. I highly recommend making sure you go through a copy of your vmcas app before going in just to refresh what you put down as your top experiences as well as what you wrote for your essays!
Thank you for the advice!If they are the same as last year they are traditional open file interviews with maybe a few situational questions. I highly recommend making sure you go through a copy of your vmcas app before going in just to refresh what you put down as your top experiences as well as what you wrote for your essays!
Is it just one interviewer?If they are the same as last year they are traditional open file interviews with maybe a few situational questions. I highly recommend making sure you go through a copy of your vmcas app before going in just to refresh what you put down as your top experiences as well as what you wrote for your essays!
These stats are SO scary and wow I’m comparing myself. The class seems extremely qualified!View attachment 362135
This is the only info we received about applicant info and it was after we were admitted. I don’t think they would release the numbers while the admissions process is still underway but you could certainly email admissions to ask!
Is it just one interviewer?
I had 3! 2 current professors and an alum!
These stats are SO scary and wow I’m comparing myself. The class seems extremely qualified!
Please please try to give yourself some grace! I absolutely did not have close to some of the hours listed on here and keep in mind they are just averages! The numbers here do not mean you are any less deserving of making it into the class of 2027!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vetmedislife7
Full Member
Hi guys! I just wanted to jump on the thread. I am a 1st time OOS applicant to KSU in my 4th application cycle. Best of luck to everyone with the interview invites being sent out this week! 🙂
Not flinching every time my email chimes. [emoji38]
I am not well 🤣 I'm so anxious waiting for this emailNot flinching every time my email chimes. [emoji38]