Kansas State (KSU) c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I will around 4 or so and see if they will give me some more info lol! At least that way we’d know for sure if they are done or not 😭
Let me know, otherwise I will call. Lol. I just received my Iowa State acceptance, but truthfully Kansas was my top pick. So I was really hoping to get that call!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Let me know, otherwise I will call. Lol. I just received my Iowa State acceptance, but truthfully Kansas was my top pick. So I was really hoping to get that call!
Congrats on that though!! At least you’ll be able to go this year! I won’t be able to until 4:45 actually so if you want to go ahead and call let us know what they say please!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on that though!! At least you’ll be able to go this year! I won’t be able to until 4:45 actually so if you want to go ahead and call let us know what they say please!
Okay, so I just called. She was very sweet! At this time, she said that today is the official deadline for everyone to submit their acceptance or denial. She said there are still a "few" spots that have not confirmed yet and could be up for grabs starting tomorrow!

Okay, so I just called. She was very sweet! At this time, she said that today is the official deadline for everyone to submit their acceptance or denial. She said there are still a "few" spots that have not confirmed yet and could be up for grabs starting tomorrow!
Oh cool! So not a complete no yet! When is your Iowa decision due by? Hopefully if you get called tomorrow it won’t be too late

Oh cool! So not a complete no yet! When is your Iowa decision due by? Hopefully if you get called tomorrow it won’t be too late
So it says the deposit has to been postmarked by April 26th. I accepted my seat to hold, but I am hoping that I get the call tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 user
So it says the deposit has to been postmarked by April 26th. I accepted my seat to hold, but I am hoping that I get the call tomorrow!
Hopefully so! I’m hoping I do too! Maybe we are the next ones on the list 😭

• Love
They’re trying to fill one last alternate position. I emailed Dr. Rost earlier today and she just got back to me! And it will not be me apparently I’m still pretty far down on the list so good luck to everyone else still waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
They’re trying to fill one last alternate position. I emailed Dr. Rost earlier today and she just got back to me! And it will not be me apparently I’m still pretty far down on the list so good luck to everyone else still waiting!
So there is only one seat available?

This waitlist was my only shot at any vet school and I didn't get the call. I feel so ****ing stupid.

• Care
This waitlist was my only shot at any vet school and I didn't get the call. I feel so ****ing stupid.
Don’t! At least you tried, that’s the most important thing. I am a little shocked that they only had 70 available spots for OOS. Doesn’t seem like a big class.

Don’t! At least you tried, that’s the most important thing. I am a little shocked that they only had 70 available spots for OOS. Doesn’t seem like a big class.
Everyone don't feel stupid. You aren't. Many people in my class took two, three or more tries before they got in and they are about to go into clinics! The OOS/IS class size for the last three years was 73/50, 68/51, 74/50

Also, the number of seats they stated in the email was an exaggeration. When we went for interviews they had said that ~10-15 seats were already given to people in the pre vet program or who had deferred, so in reality, the number of seats was much lower, making it much harder for alternates to get a position.

Don’t feel stupid. It’s okay to hope. I was in your shoes for most of this cycle of not getting a yes and it sucks and is emotionally draining, so I understand. Things will work out for you, and now you have the knowledge to improve next cycle. I’m sure you’ll have better luck as well. You’ve got this!

• Care
Hello! Any current student know about their COA?
I was wondering if the school allows borrowing past the COA.
On website it says average personal cost is about $5000 and housing & meals being $9,500.
Can you actually live with it?

This year I’ve taken out the max that was allowed and I haven’t had any issues! I will say its probably best to plan your budget out month to month and then make sure you save some of your loans for emergencies ( i had to replace 2 tires like a month in so I made adjustments around that). Otherwise if you find a cheaper place to live it should be plenty of money to get you through the year so long as you control your spending! Also if you find out you took out more loans then needed financial aid is really good about helping you give the money back so you don’t have to pay interest on it in the future.

This year I’ve taken out the max that was allowed and I haven’t had any issues! I will say its probably best to plan your budget out month to month and then make sure you save some of your loans for emergencies ( i had to replace 2 tires like a month in so I made adjustments around that). Otherwise if you find a cheaper place to live it should be plenty of money to get you through the year so long as you control your spending! Also if you find out you took out more loans then needed financial aid is really good about helping you give the money back so you don’t have to pay interest on it in the future.
Thank you very much for the information! This helps me a lot :))
Lastly.. can I live there without a car?

You can but it will mean biking places is cold, hot or wet weather or finding friends to carpool with/take you to the store. I know classmates that make it work. I personally wouldn't do without my car. I drive to Kansas City, Omaha or Wichita a lot and like having my car. I drive a lot more than most of my classmates though!

Hello! Any current student know about their COA?
I was wondering if the school allows borrowing past the COA.
On website it says average personal cost is about $5000 and housing & meals being $9,500.
Can you actually live with it?
I just take out what I need but they offer you a certain amount and you can take all of it or less than what they offer. I'd do some budgeting and just figure out what you need outside of tuition. I personally do not take out all that I'm offered.

And you can certainly live without a car. Jardine Apartments are right across the street from the vet school, so you can easily walk to school or carpool with a friend. The only issue would be getting groceries or running other errands, you may need a friend to drive you around or see if there's some other kind of transportation available. K-State does have busses that drive around campus and it's free for students, but I don't know if they go outside of campus.

• Love
It's possible but would be difficult. It's not a major city with public transportation options. Maybe if you live with another student and they're willing to drive you to class/run errands with you or you make friends quickly. If you live in Jardine you can walk to the vet school but Jardine doesn't allow dogs/cats unless they are an ESA. The ata busses do have some stops at Target and Walmart but they do not travel all over town. I definitely need a car to get around town but not having a car is possible.