Vokalyzd

7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have been mostly studying from the Kaplan review/classes and I took Topscore Bio section. I noticed that Topscore goes in depth into classes in terms of classification while Kaplan only touches upon the big important divisions. Should I expect to know the variety of classes or is Topscore more in depth than necessary?

UndergradGuy7

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I have been mostly studying from the Kaplan review/classes and I took Topscore Bio section. I noticed that Topscore goes in depth into classes in terms of classification while Kaplan only touches upon the big important divisions. Should I expect to know the variety of classes or is Topscore more in depth than necessary?
I don't know your answer to this specific question, but the kaplan blue book does not go into detail very much and does not cover everything. Many use it and cliff's ap biology.

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I don't know your answer to this specific question, but the kaplan blue book does not go into detail very much and does not cover everything. Many use it and cliff's ap biology.
:thumbup: I would just know stuff as in depth as AP bio since that is pretty much Campbell's summarized and most Bio courses just recover that book.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
Kaplan biology is a good way to start the biology review process, but it should not be the only source for biology.

The best combo is the kaplan blue book + cliffs AP biology + some biology text book for referensing only

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
Kaplan biology is a good way to start the biology review process, but it should not be the only source for biology.

The best combo is the kaplan blue book + cliffs AP biology + some biology text book for referensing only
Agreed!