kaplan course + diagnostic test.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

WinterLights

So this past weekend I began my kaplan course and took the diagnostic test without studying at all. I got a 27. Anyone else taken this course that can tell me how effective it is? Hopefully im not paying 1,600 just to score one point higher on the actual MCAT lol.

Members don't see this ad.

So this past weekend I began my kaplan course and took the diagnostic test without studying at all. I got a 27. Anyone else taken this course that can tell me how effective it is? Hopefully im not paying 1,600 just to score one point higher on the actual MCAT lol.

I took the diagnostic and got a 23 w/o studying. 33 on actual MCAT

i got a 22 on my first diagnostic and scored a 34 on the real MCAT after taking the online course.

I got a realllllllly low diagnostic but after studying got a 35. It's really up to you how effective the course is going to be. Some people paid the money in my class but never showed up... such a waste. I just liked the fact that the class has structure and tons of practice material. Good luck!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the kaplan course last spring last fall/spring. I got a 24 and was able to boost my score to a 37. 27 is actually one of the higher diagnostic scores I've heard of. With some good studying over time you will do well. Some advice: get through the kaplan material as quickly as possible (even before you have the classes on the material) and then do a bunch of problems which leads to reviewing subject matter. The extra problems/review helped me get through the 31-32 hump and into the higher scores. Good Luck!

27 diagnostic. 35 on the actual test. I didn't study for either, just went to class and took a few practice tests. I think it's pretty effective in terms of test-taking skills. I also teach for Kaplan now so I might be biased.

27 diagnostic. 35 on the actual test. I didn't study for either, just went to class and took a few practice tests. I think it's pretty effective in terms of test-taking skills. I also teach for Kaplan now so I might be biased.

I plan on taking the actual MCAT in April and plan on studying for it like there is no tomorrow over winterbreak. Sounds like the class is pretty effective.

22 diag, 32 real thing.. i think the consensus is that you go up about ten points.. maybe a lil less, maybe a lil more:thumbup:

the diagnostic doesn't mean anything, its just how much u study

for me: i went from a 23 on my diagnostic with no prep at all to a 34 on the real thing

Went from 27 to 36. I didn't like the lecture, but the online material was good.

Have you thought about taking the January test? If you are taking the course now and if you have all of winter break to study, you could take it in January.

I had a 33 on the diagnostic and a 39 on the actual MCAT. I agree that the lectures were not that useful, and I'm not sure how predictive the Kaplan diagnostic tests are, I did much worse on my actual VR score. However, the study materials were very helpful in improving my physics section. It had been 10 years since I had taken any math; I jumped 6 points on PS. Check out this web page http://www.studentdoc.com/practice-mcat.html after reading this I really focused on the AAMC practice tests. I especially thought that the Kaplan VR techniques and questions were useless.

I went from 23 on the diagnostic and hit a 35 on the real deal. I just took a lot of practice tests and went over all of the review material once.

18 Diag and 31 on the real thing. Kaplan is totally worth it if you utilize what they offer.