1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Kaplan FL#8

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by redrabbit, Aug 3, 2006.

1. redrabbit

redrabbit Member
    7+ Year Member

what do you guys think? I was doing the BS and thought that it was really hard. I missed most of the first organic passages and don't even understand the test explaination.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. redrabbit

redrabbit Member
    7+ Year Member

5 organic passages!!

4. kaybam20

kaybam20 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    Not only were they 5 organic passages. each passage actually took the whole enteire page. AAMC passages are only btw 250and 300 words far way below Kaplan's 800 words per passage.

5. Inessa

Inessa Inna
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I actually felt like I know organic chemistry, and was doing fine on AAMC Bio; but exam 8 just blew my mind- not in a good sense. Maybe its just my opinion, but probably not.

6. medicin

medicin Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

i agree. i thought orgo was my strongest subject on the mcat, then i take FL 8 and, although i have yet to get my score, i know i was totally owned. is this difficulty indicative of the real one, or is it just super hard?

7. estairella

estairella Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I just took it. It was absolutely ridiculous. I missed most of the organic chemistry questions too.

I don't know if it's fixed on yours, but mine had a bunch of errors as well (such as... increased breathing causes alkalosis, not acidosis like Kaplan indicates, so that whole passage was completely wrong.. I am SO glad I'm not taking the course)

8. 4s4

4s4 Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The score conversion thing for that was generous as always. I got like 40 something and still managed a 10 somehow. But I've mostly been getting 9's on their BS for the last while =S Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me..I feel less confident about my answers on the AAMC ones, but they usually tend to be okay whereas I may feel good about my Kaplan BS answers, and then they turn out to be wrong =S...or maybe I'm just falling into their traps =(

9. DrFreeman

DrFreeman Medical Student
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Please tell me that there will not be that many organic passages on the mcat?