Kaplan FL#8

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redrabbit

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think? I was doing the BS and thought that it was really hard. I missed most of the first organic passages and don't even understand the test explaination.

Members don't see this ad.

Not only were they 5 organic passages. each passage actually took the whole enteire page. AAMC passages are only btw 250and 300 words far way below Kaplan's 800 words per passage.

redrabbit said:
5 organic passages!!
I actually felt like I know organic chemistry, and was doing fine on AAMC Bio; but exam 8 just blew my mind- not in a good sense. Maybe its just my opinion, but probably not.

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree. i thought orgo was my strongest subject on the mcat, then i take FL 8 and, although i have yet to get my score, i know i was totally owned. is this difficulty indicative of the real one, or is it just super hard?

I just took it. It was absolutely ridiculous. I missed most of the organic chemistry questions too.

I don't know if it's fixed on yours, but mine had a bunch of errors as well (such as... increased breathing causes alkalosis, not acidosis like Kaplan indicates, so that whole passage was completely wrong.. I am SO glad I'm not taking the course)

The score conversion thing for that was generous as always. I got like 40 something and still managed a 10 somehow. But I've mostly been getting 9's on their BS for the last while =S Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me..I feel less confident about my answers on the AAMC ones, but they usually tend to be okay whereas I may feel good about my Kaplan BS answers, and then they turn out to be wrong =S...or maybe I'm just falling into their traps =(