1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Kaplan FL#8

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by redrabbit, Aug 3, 2006.

1. redrabbit

redrabbit Member
    7+ Year Member

what do you guys think? I was doing the BS and thought that it was really hard. I missed most of the first organic passages and don't even understand the test explaination.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. redrabbit

redrabbit Member
    7+ Year Member

5 organic passages!!

4. kaybam20

kaybam20 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    Not only were they 5 organic passages. each passage actually took the whole enteire page. AAMC passages are only btw 250and 300 words far way below Kaplan's 800 words per passage.

5. Inessa

Inessa Inna
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I actually felt like I know organic chemistry, and was doing fine on AAMC Bio; but exam 8 just blew my mind- not in a good sense. Maybe its just my opinion, but probably not.

6. medicin

medicin Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

i agree. i thought orgo was my strongest subject on the mcat, then i take FL 8 and, although i have yet to get my score, i know i was totally owned. is this difficulty indicative of the real one, or is it just super hard?

7. estairella

estairella Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I just took it. It was absolutely ridiculous. I missed most of the organic chemistry questions too.

I don't know if it's fixed on yours, but mine had a bunch of errors as well (such as... increased breathing causes alkalosis, not acidosis like Kaplan indicates, so that whole passage was completely wrong.. I am SO glad I'm not taking the course)

8. 4s4

4s4 Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The score conversion thing for that was generous as always. I got like 40 something and still managed a 10 somehow. But I've mostly been getting 9's on their BS for the last while =S Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me..I feel less confident about my answers on the AAMC ones, but they usually tend to be okay whereas I may feel good about my Kaplan BS answers, and then they turn out to be wrong =S...or maybe I'm just falling into their traps =(

9. DrFreeman

DrFreeman Medical Student
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Please tell me that there will not be that many organic passages on the mcat?