redrabbit

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2004
Status
what do you guys think? I was doing the BS and thought that it was really hard. I missed most of the first organic passages and don't even understand the test explaination.

kaybam20

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Not only were they 5 organic passages. each passage actually took the whole enteire page. AAMC passages are only btw 250and 300 words far way below Kaplan's 800 words per passage.

About the Ads

Inessa

Inna
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2005
Bedminster, NJ
Status
Pre-Medical
redrabbit said:
5 organic passages!!
I actually felt like I know organic chemistry, and was doing fine on AAMC Bio; but exam 8 just blew my mind- not in a good sense. Maybe its just my opinion, but probably not.

medicin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Status
i agree. i thought orgo was my strongest subject on the mcat, then i take FL 8 and, although i have yet to get my score, i know i was totally owned. is this difficulty indicative of the real one, or is it just super hard?

estairella

10+ Year Member
May 7, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I just took it. It was absolutely ridiculous. I missed most of the organic chemistry questions too.

I don't know if it's fixed on yours, but mine had a bunch of errors as well (such as... increased breathing causes alkalosis, not acidosis like Kaplan indicates, so that whole passage was completely wrong.. I am SO glad I'm not taking the course)

4s4

10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
The score conversion thing for that was generous as always. I got like 40 something and still managed a 10 somehow. But I've mostly been getting 9's on their BS for the last while =S Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me..I feel less confident about my answers on the AAMC ones, but they usually tend to be okay whereas I may feel good about my Kaplan BS answers, and then they turn out to be wrong =S...or maybe I'm just falling into their traps =(

DrFreeman

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Please tell me that there will not be that many organic passages on the mcat?

About the Ads