Kaplan FL Test #2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KiddCo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my content review on Tuesday, and took the Kaplan FL test #2 on Wednesday.

I scored a 500 (127/126/122/125)

I'm a bit concerned, as my target is a 510+ and my test date is about 46 days out.
Granted, I haven't started doing practice problems yet. (which I'll be starting today)

Looking online a bit I've read that the Kaplan full lengths are a bit deflated as far as score goes, but has anyone taken the FL #2?

I'm curious what others have to say about it.

Members don't see this ad.

I've spent the better part of this morning reviewing the questions I answered both correctly and incorrectly.
The good news is that the majority of mistakes I made are test taking mistakes, which hopefully I'll improve with practice questions.
For example, I incorrectly read a section about an enzyme disease and completely missed that the disease caused an increase in protein production, and not a reduction. I answered all 6 questions about that passage incorrectly (and backwards) in the biochem section. Bit of a facepalm moment.

I just finished my content review on Tuesday, and took the Kaplan FL test #2 on Wednesday.

I scored a 500 (127/126/122/125)

I'm a bit concerned, as my target is a 510+ and my test date is about 46 days out.
Granted, I haven't started doing practice problems yet. (which I'll be starting today)

Looking online a bit I've read that the Kaplan full lengths are a bit deflated as far as score goes, but has anyone taken the FL #2?

I'm curious what others have to say about it.

The ONLY practice test score you can trust is AAMC. I went from a 500 kaplan to a 512 AAMC in less than a month. It was not like I did anything magical between those FLs to bring my score up 12 points. Make sure you hit all the AAMC material before test day, all the FLs, Qpacks and Section banks. It will be way more beneficial than the kaplan practice problems.

I believe my best Kaplan was 504ish and got 513 on real thing. Take AAMC FL and see where you’re at to see if you need to postpone

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan is deflated in my opinion, I always scored ~5-7 points lower on Kaplan than AAMC & Exam Kracker exams. Princeton Review was very similar to Kaplan. Practice problems will help big times with those issues. What really helped me was UWorld. You get a week free and you can give yourself mini tests or FL tests whenever and their explanation are A1 in my opinion. I just did the free week because it's pretty pricey if I recall correctly (and I found out about it 10 days before I sat for my MCAT).

Thanks for the advice everyone. I took the NS FL#1 and scored a 505. Hopefully I'm on the right track. With about a month to go before I sit, I've transitioned to doing all the AAMC official materials. Starting with the practice questions.