kaplan FL tests!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halakkala

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the 2004 version of kaplan tests that ranges from 1-13. I have questions about the VERBAL SECTION ONLY!

I was wondering how good these are? I got 40/60 in one of the tests and this equates to 10? This mark would be around 7-8 in AAMC tests.

Are these verbal passages just harder? Are they even worth it?

Before doing the kaplan FL verbal sections, I was doing poorly (received 5-7 range). This was mainly because I didn't understand the passage. I now seem to have a great strategy that forces me to get the main idea almost every time. After doing the FL, I feel more confident and verbal seems "easier" than before.

so my questions are:
1) Are they worth doing it, and does the scaled score semi-accurately reflect the real MCAT VR score?

2) In terms of reading difficulty and getting the main idea, would you say Kaplan is EASIER than the real MCAT/AAMC tests?

3) is it worth doing 1 or 2 passages at a time for verbal?? I've been doing this, but I am not sure if this is worth it. Do you guys suggest doing 3-4 at a time?

Thank you for all of your help everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 2004 version of kaplan tests that ranges from 1-13. I have questions about the VERBAL SECTION ONLY!

I was wondering how good these are? I got 40/60 in one of the tests and this equates to 10? This mark would be around 7-8 in AAMC tests.

Before doing the kaplan FL verbal sections, I was doing poorly (received 5-7 range). This was mainly because I didn't understand the passage. I now seem to have a great strategy that forces me to get the main idea almost every time. After doing the FL, I feel more confident and verbal seems "easier" than before.

so my questions are:
1) Are they worth doing it, and does the scaled score semi-accurately reflect the real MCAT VR score?

2) In terms of reading difficulty and getting the main idea, would you say Kaplan is EASIER than the real MCAT/AAMC tests?

3) is it worth doing 1 or 2 passages at a time for verbal?? I've been doing this, but I am not sure if this is worth it. Do you guys suggest doing 3-4 at a time?

SN2ed may i ask why you deleted the words pdf??

so my questions are:

I have problem understanding the passages and getting to the main point. How did u overcome ur issues. Pls. provide some guidance. thx

it just came with practice. I did many VR passages, and it clicks if you do many of them. Just practice for a few months, and you will get it!

Anyone have any comments on my original post?