Kaplan FL's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsong812

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has already been said but does it seem like the kaplan PS sections require VERY careful reading of the passage? Like memorizing the littlest details are necessary to do well on the passages? Maybe it's just me, but I continually get wrong the questions that are somewhere hidden in the passage and I just happen to skim right by it because I didn't read the passage carefully enough. And can anyone comment on whether this style of question will really reflect the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

They don't reflect the real MCAT, but they are worth doing. I took exclusively Kaplan PS sections until a few weeks ago, and then I took AAMC 7&8 and thought the PS sections were a breeze by comparison.

hrm... the reason i ask is because I feel like in order to do well on the Kaplan PS section, i'm going to definitely have to slow down my reading and pay more careful attention to the details, but I don't know if this strategy would help or hurt me on the real mcat.

jsong812 said:
hrm... the reason i ask is because I feel like in order to do well on the Kaplan PS section, i'm going to definitely have to slow down my reading and pay more careful attention to the details, but I don't know if this strategy would help or hurt me on the real mcat.

I've found that the AAMC PS passages are a lot shorter and a lot more straightfoward than the Kaplan PS, so I wouldn't worry too much. I would definitely recommend getting the AAMC exams to practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been barely reading the Kaplan FL Physics passages. I go back though if I feel like the answer is in the passage or if I need a formula. I've been getting 10s, I don't know if you are shooting higher.