Kaplan MCAT Improvement!!!! and Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just want to share good news. I kind of cannot
believe in that, but when I took Kaplan Diagnostic
I got 17 ( 7, V4,6) :mad: which really made me feel stupid ...
Also because of that I got scared, discoraged and decided take MCAT in August... Now after first full lengh I got 30 ( 12,V8,10).
( I am non native English speaker came to the USA 4 years ago)

Question for people who took Kaplan and real MCAT

If you compare MCAT to the Kaplan full lengh exams is it the same difficulty, more complicated,or easier?

Members don't see this ad.

i found the Kaplan full-lengths to be a pretty good predictor of my actual score (1 pt diff). As a Kaplan student, you also have access to the AAMC-published tests, and those are also good predictors of your score.

are you still planning to wait til August? if you keep up the work, i think you'd do well on the April exam

I'd say the kaplan test might be a little harder content-wise, however the scores they give you have been thoroughly scaled and tested. I improved through each practice test, and my MCAT score was 1 higher than the last full-length. If you're already at 30, reconsider the April test for sure. : )

Wow. that's drastic improvement!!! Congratulations. :)
I don't know if it's just me or not but my score hasn't improved much.. just couple of points. I'm ESL as well.. How did you do to improve your score?? I studied A LOT but the more I study, the more I realize how ******ed I am.
I keep forgetting the concept over and over again. Too much info, too little time...
:(

To above poster... Kaplan diagnostics are made extremely difficult to get you to take their course. So don't feel bad if you haven't improved so drastically.

To OP, great job on the practice test!