kaplan mock exams (scores)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oddiess

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI~! I am registered for the August PCAT and I am currently enrolled in the PCAT classroom experience course.
For people who took the pcat and the Kaplan course before, how well did your diagnostic/midterm/final exams approximate your actual PCAT score?
I recently took the Midterm and my raw scores are
VERBAL 394
BIO 446
CHEM 450
READ COMP 465
QUANT 452
Over all 441

according to the Kaplan book I am in the 80-94% for my composit. But I dont know how much I should believe in these scores. I keep on feeling like I should be studying more... I guess I am very paranoid about these things. Please give me some of your opinions for what I should do. I guess I just need a rough idea of how much I already know and if I am doing the right things right now with my studies...

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you taken the Harcourt online practice exams yet? Those offer some indication too.

If Kaplan has some concept of correct scoring, which I question, then your scores seem really good (~90). But other exams offer a different perspective.

hey omnione...i had a question regarding what you said above. if a 440 is about a 90%, do you know what a 397 is approximate to?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took one of those Harcourt exams. It was really short and in the end they told me I am around 76%-99% or something... which is a big range too...
:(

I'm not sure how close those scores resemble actual scores, but my Kaplan instructor said VERY, VERY few people get scores lower than their diagnostic exam score.

Kaplan has a higher score guarantee, where you get all your money back if you do not score higher than your diagnostic exam. I was told that very few people have ever been given the chance to take advantage of the guarantee (i.e. they score higher than the diagnostic).

Let's hope they're right! I got a 436 on my diagnostic...which I think is around upper 80s? Eek, less than 3 weeks left...

hey omnione...i had a question regarding what you said above. if a 440 is about a 90%, do you know what a 397 is approximate to?

Actually, I looked back at my scores and old scores on this board, and a 440 is probably around 97. I got a 94 for a scaled score of 433 after all.:)

Looking at old threads, a 397 is in between 60-70. Once again, don't ask me about how many questions are needed to get that on your upcoming PCAT.;)

EDIT: I saw that a 401 yields a 53, so I would guess that a 397 is bad. However, Kaplan does make their tests in a way where you'll score higher on the real PCAT most of the time. I do believe that you need to kick your studying up another notch.

HI~! I am registered for the August PCAT and I am currently enrolled in the PCAT classroom experience course.
For people who took the pcat and the Kaplan course before, how well did your diagnostic/midterm/final exams approximate your actual PCAT score?
I recently took the Midterm and my raw scores are
VERBAL 394
BIO 446
CHEM 450
READ COMP 465
QUANT 452
Over all 441

according to the Kaplan book I am in the 80-94% for my composit. But I dont know how much I should believe in these scores. I keep on feeling like I should be studying more... I guess I am very paranoid about these things. Please give me some of your opinions for what I should do. I guess I just need a rough idea of how much I already know and if I am doing the right things right now with my studies...

Thank you so much!

is the 80 to 94% how much stuff you got correct ? if not did they tell you what % u got correct