Kaplan online course - problems?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turtlepower

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with the Kaplan online course? I have a brand new computer with all of the required software, but am having a problem with the lessons. Basically I can hear the voice of the instructor, but the slides will not change consistently. It starts out ok, but then just stops changing and I miss like 20 slides. When the timer starts over at the next segment, I usually get the first slide of that segment but then it stops again. I've been on the phone with tech support 4 times and they have had me reconfigure my browser and I have downloaded new real players and flash. Please, computer people, help me because I doubt that Kaplan will either fix this or give me any money back. I have a mac and am running a version of os x and have a cable modem with wireless. The computer is new as of decemeber, so everything is up to date. Help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

turtlepower said:
Is anyone else having problems with the Kaplan online course? I have a brand new computer with all of the required software, but am having a problem with the lessons. Basically I can hear the voice of the instructor, but the slides will not change consistently. It starts out ok, but then just stops changing and I miss like 20 slides. When the timer starts over at the next segment, I usually get the first slide of that segment but then it stops again. I've been on the phone with tech support 4 times and they have had me reconfigure my browser and I have downloaded new real players and flash. Please, computer people, help me because I doubt that Kaplan will either fix this or give me any money back. I have a mac and am running a version of os x and have a cable modem with wireless. The computer is new as of decemeber, so everything is up to date. Help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have had this problem as well. I wind up, rewinding the lesson and it usually picks up from there and then there is no problem. I may depend on internet traffic. Ask Kaplan.

EMT2ER-DOC said:
I have had this problem as well. I wind up, rewinding the lesson and it usually picks up from there and then there is no problem. I may depend on internet traffic. Ask Kaplan.

Thanks for the info. When I asked Kaplan if anyone else has had this problem they said no, so I was beginning to wonder. I am going to work with tech support one more time tonight and then see about getting my $ back if I can't resolve the issue. Again, thanks for your reply.

I took Kaplan online last year and had that problem as well, plus several others. Overall, that course was the bane of my existence - I wouldn't wish that nonsense on anyone! I'm using Examkrackers books this time around and wish I hadn't wasted my money on that course last year...ugh...