Kaplan PCAT math and chemistry improvements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kizer21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Kaplan PCAT needs to improve its math and Ochem sections. Only a small part of 1st semester Calculus was covered in the Kaplan. Also, it would be wise to touch up on trig, as well. Now the Ochem for Kaplan is like nothing. There is nothing about product formation, nothing. This is why it didn't go so well on the Chemistry section of the PCAT. Anyone tried PCAT professor? I think the best practice would be to just do a lot of different types of math problems like Calculus similar to the form of the PCAT. I wonder if PCAT Professor provides this.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree. I think the calculus section was under-covered in Kaplan's book, as well as trig. I didn't really study Ochem. I just learned some of the nomenclature and I think I did ok on the Ochem part. I just randomly guessed on the Ochem products section.

Yeah, I used PCAT professor and found it to be helpful. I used it primarily to study biology. In regards to OChem on there, there is no section designated for Ochem, but there is a chemistry section.

the cliff book with the 5 practice test i think where a good resemblence of the actual chem part in the PCAT. It had many problems that where similar to the test. Problem is that the cliff book doesn't go in detail in its explaination.