USMLE Kaplan Step 3 videos vs other videos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYfutureFMdoc28

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am an MS4 and I just found out that I matched into FM! Now that I matched I started to think about Step 3. I have always needed extra time than the suggested 4-6 weeks of dedicated Step study time, so that why I am starting to study now. I passed Step 1 on first try and Step 2CK on the 2nd try. Kaplan videos helped me the most during my 2nd study period for Step 2CK.

Is Kaplan the best videos to use for Step 3? Does anyone be willing to share access to Review videos?

Any advice/ response are much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been using Online MedEd/UWorld/MTB 3 for prep and my practice tests and UWorld scores have been improving.
I take the exam next week, so far everything has been covered using the sources I've listed above.

I've been using Online MedEd/UWorld/MTB 3 for prep and my practice tests and UWorld scores have been improving.
I take the exam next week, so far everything has been covered using the sources I've listed above.

Good luck on your exam! and thank you for the advice!

If you just finished with 2CK I would say take UW for a month or two and take Step 3 before starting PGY-1. It will be no time to study during your residency. I am learning it in hard way now. The worse thing, you will need to take it again in PGY1 or 2. Do not hesitate, do not reschedule! You will never be 100% ready for it. Your patients will never ask you a name of a receptor.