1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Kaplan time constraints realistic?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Bumbl3b33, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Bumbl3b33

Removed

Medical Student
    Hey everyone,

I'm finding that I could finish TBR FLs' PS section with like 15 mins to spare sometimes, but with Kaplan, I'm completely missing the last passage and free-standing questions at the end. I'm wondering if this is realistic of the MCAT or if this is just the Kaplan folks' way to make you follow their "do standalones first and triage on the way" methodology.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bumbl3b33

Removed

Medical Student
    bumpity bump bump

4. snikkle

5+ Year Member

From what I recall, I was finishing the Kaplan FLs with just enough time to look over my marked questions. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but check and see how you stand against an AAMC. I generally finished those with about 15 minutes left on the PS, 5 mins on VR, and 20 on BS. This varies with difficulty, obviously, but you should be aiming to finish the tests with time to spare. That way, on the real deal you won't be frantically trying to bubble in random answer choices.