Kaplan Topical Test vs. AAMC Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinkocopies3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am taking the Kaplan course right now, but the Kaplan center is REALLY far from where I live, so I usually just do all the topical subject tests online rather than the AAMC practice passages that Kaplan has at the center. I have heard that the subjects tests are a little harder than the AAMC passages.

So, basically, I have just been attending all the classes, practice exams, and doing the Kaplan subject tests. I also have 5 AAMC practice exams which I plan on taking. I haven't done any of the AAMC passages at the Kaplan Center yet due to the lack of time to go to the center to use these materials.

Do you guys think its absolutely necessary to do the AAMC passages as well?

p.s. I think not being able to use the AAMC stuff outside the Kaplan center is a huge disadvantage!! Does anyone else feel this way?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you are practicing on some stuff, like the topical tests, it is not necessary that you go through the AAMC passages also. The passages are just extra practice, and are a little easier than the Kaplan sections tests, which may give you a false sense of security. Just try to do as many practice tests/sections/passages as you can, because that in the end is the best way to improve your score.