Kaplan typos and other errors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleepPsych72

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many people have complained about typos and other errors. I have begged people to post them on the site so the next logical step was to just create an error thread since no one replied on the kaplan thread.

As for the errors I find them all the time. I have found at least 15 or so during the course of my summer studying. One of the biggest global errors I found was in organic chemistry, specifically the way Kaplan does fischer projections does not match the way my O-chem book (Wade 5th ed.) shows them. The most highly oxidize substituent always goes at the top and Hydrogens are never suppose to be vertical.
Anybody have feedback?

Members don't see this ad.

The only time I have seen a Fischer Projection drawn unconventionally is when the question was "which pair of molecules are enantiomers" or something like that. So they drew the Fischer Projections differently to make it more challenging. Not sure if that is the problem you are talking about. But yeah, they have a decent amount of errors.