KCU-KC vs DMU vs TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lostfish25

Reaction score
I'm from CA and ultimately hope to match back there for residency since my family and fiancé are there. Should I attend Touro Nevada and stay close to CA or should I attend KCU or DMU since they are both more established? I'm just nervous that going to the midwest will decrease my chances of matching back to CA. All 3 programs have great board scores and residency placements so it comes down to quality of the faculty, research opportunities, clinical rotations, and simulation centers, etc. and I feel that TUNCOM falls slightly short compared to the other two. I'd overall be happy with TUNCOM as well but wondering if it'd be idiotic of me to let go of DMU and KCU since they're such great programs. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you looked at which schools match to CA the most? I don't have experience with these schools, but I believe Touro is one of the higher-ranked osteopathic schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m a first year at DMU and have many classmates from CA planning to match back home! Let me know if you have any questions!

Don't attend any of these schools but do attend one in the Midwest (also from CA with plans to match back in CA/western US) and what I looked at are the past matches from my institution as well as rotation sites. KCU I know has sites in CA so that can help you with securing LORs for your residency application and building a network that can assist you in staying in CA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you looked at which schools match to CA the most? I don't have experience with these schools, but I believe Touro is one of the higher-ranked osteopathic schools.
There's no ranking for osteopathic schools. I think all three are fine schools. And isn't Touro Nevada a satellite school? DMU and KCU KC are two of the original osteopathic schools so you can't go wrong with any of them.

I have, and it seems like it's TUNCOM but it might just be because they have more students from CA as opposed to the other two programs. But thanks!