KCUMB class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats ironmaiden!!!! I live in the Woods of Walnut Creek and I know they offer 2 bd apts (don't know if any are available) plus a nice discount for KCUMB students. I love it there so far and there are a bunch of us here!

~Amy~

Members don't see this ad.

I'M AT WALNUT CREEK TOO! I'll be there Friday afternoonish. I'm in 1340 apt 104. Whoot!

ironmaidenrules said:
Fellow KCUMBers,

I just got a call from Teresa and I'm in off the Waitlist. Awesome, I have to be there on Monday from Utah. It would have been nice to know a week ago because I spent $1000 reapplying. Oh well. My question is, does anyone know of any 2 bedroom apartments, fairly close to campus and in a seminice area? I have a wife and an 8-month-old, so I want to go cheap but still in a somewhat nice area. I will be leaving for KC probably on Sunday morning. They told me I need to be there on Monday and then I can spend the rest of the time until the 14th getting my family there.

Thanks

WC should have some 2 br's left. I know mine went back on the market bc my roommate got pulled off her waitlist, so I gave up and switched to a 1br. good luck and congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm finally getting to KC tomorrow. I had hoped to be up there today but it didn't work out. If anyone wants to do something between now and Saturday pm me!

Congrats I live in Walnut Creek as well.

Congrats Ironmaiden!!

ironmaidenrules said:
Fellow KCUMBers,

I just got a call from Teresa and I'm in off the Waitlist. Awesome, I have to be there on Monday from Utah. It would have been nice to know a week ago because I spent $1000 reapplying. Oh well. My question is, does anyone know of any 2 bedroom apartments, fairly close to campus and in a seminice area? I have a wife and an 8-month-old, so I want to go cheap but still in a somewhat nice area. I will be leaving for KC probably on Sunday morning. They told me I need to be there on Monday and then I can spend the rest of the time until the 14th getting my family there.

Thanks

I'm out of town and don't have access to our orientation info, but who can tell me what us guys have to wear on Monday? I'm sure it's dress pants, but do we have to wear a white shirt/tie that day also?

So a bunch of people are going out tonight to a BBQ then to Westport bar the Dark Horse Tavern. I'm sure you guys have seen this on blackboard but I wanted to post it in case. If you go to the post "So Money" on blackboard we have some contact info and stuff if anyone is interested!

2 days... :eek:

med-i-cal said:
I'm out of town and don't have access to our orientation info, but who can tell me what us guys have to wear on Monday? I'm sure it's dress pants, but do we have to wear a white shirt/tie that day also?

yeah, you gotta wear a tie. i think i'll probably wear a suit. we're taking pictures tomorrow so we need to be dressed in business professinal attire.

Good luck, new KCUMB-ers, and have fun. I did. :thumbup:

Hello

Does anyone have an extra ticket for the white coat ceremony? My father-in-law would like to come, but I don't have an extra ticket!

PM me or post a reply if you can help me out!

Thanks!

where did you get tickets?

docmd2010 said:
where did you get tickets?
They actually don't have physical tickets that they hand out for white-coat. I'm sure your father-in-law could come without a problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no! It's only the first week and I feel so behind already :scared: !! Hopefully this weekend will be productive for me.

thirdclius said:
Oh no! It's only the first week and I feel so behind already :scared: !! Hopefully this weekend will be productive for me.

Just remember, they will only take 2 questions at most from each lecture. That should help in prioritizing the material. :thumbup:

it's over! the quiz is over! woohoo! time to relax again, but not get far behind unlike the last time.;)

Hey everyone! I'm a fourth year dropping in on your thread. I will be happy to answer questions and direct you . . . should you find your anxiety to be at the eyebrow dermatome. Med-i-cal I like your username picture, I have seen it before at www.johnlunetta.com ;) I like your taste. I have been away from sdn for some time now, but I was actually the first guy to start the thread for my class back in the fall of 2002. Of course then it was UHS class of 2007. I was accepted in the previous year, so I got the jump on the thread. Wow, it seems like yesterday. Keep your head up my friends, you will think you are dying, but trust me you will come through the fire. talk to you soon. nhoj

Hey everyone! I'm a fourth year dropping in on your thread. I will be happy to answer questions and direct you . . . should you find your anxiety to be at the eyebrow dermatome. Med-i-cal I like your username picture, I have seen it before at www.johnlunetta.com ;) I like your taste. I have been away from sdn for some time now, but I was actually the first guy to start the thread for my class back in the fall of 2002. Of course then it was UHS class of 2007. I was accepted in the previous year, so I got the jump on the thread. Wow, it seems like yesterday. Keep your head up my friends, you will think you are dying, but trust me you will come through the fire. talk to you soon. nhoj
Is that your own website? I like the bigger version of the picture, it's kind of hard to tell it's the sun on the smaller version.

Yeah, I set that up a few years ago when I actually had time to mess with that stuff. I wish I knew who took that picture as like you, I think it really cool.

Fellow KCUMBers,

Thanks

Yep, that is the day I had to defer my spot--you took my spot--I thought since things didn't work out for me, it was meant for someone else very deserving of it. Good Luck and I hope you made it to KC okay.

Hey guys--

I too am a fourth year at KCUMB. I was in the class of 2006 but did an OMM fellowship last year, so that puts me a year behind. I will be more than willing to answer any questions you may have. I am getting ready for the interview season, planning on a general surgery residency. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop a post on here (although I haven't checked this site for quite some time) or send me an email ([email protected])

Good luck! If you happen to see Henry Lee (Korean second year, in charge of UAAO), give him a swift kick in the a@% for me!!!

-C

Hello,

I noticed that Raven Feather deferred and without getting in to anyone's private business, I just was curious about KCUMB's policy on deferring?

Are you guaranteed to be in the next years class? Do they frown upon it? Are there only certain reasons you can defer, etc?

Any information would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Hey there - I am new to this website so I am not sure if by replying to your message everyone can read it or not lol but I am hoping that some of you KCUMB graduates will still get this message and offer some advice.

Although I have not heard about an admissions decision from KCUMB yet, I am trying to formulate a more well rounded opinion of the university in the event that I get good news in a week!

I very much enjoyed my on-campus experience and was wondering if you would be able to help me out - After reading some of the posts on this website, although I am ashamed to admit it, I am slightly leaning away from KCUMB.

I am looking for personal opinions about board preparedness, core rotations, and overall sense of community on KCUMB's campus. Do you feel prepared for Boards? Did you/Do you feel confident that you will get your choice of rotations 3rd/4th year?

I would love your opinion as well since most of the people I spoke with on campus were first year students I feel like their opinions of the program were very uninformed.

My significant other lives in KC and from what I have seen, I love to city. I am just nervous, as I am sure many incoming students are, that their initial interview impression of the university they choose is going to be different from their actual experience as a student.

any advice would be much appreciated

Hey Y'all
I have an interview at the end of the month, I would really like to attend this school,(and might be my only interview) so I need to ace it. Can anyone tell me what their questions are generally about, I just want to be prepared.
Thanks for the Help

Hey Y'all
I have an interview at the end of the month, I would really like to attend this school,(and might be my only interview) so I need to ace it. Can anyone tell me what their questions are generally about, I just want to be prepared.
Thanks for the Help

This is not the right place to post this question!
Head over to the interview feedback and take a look at all the interview questions that have been posted for the recent years and you will do just fine! good luck.