-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
KCUMB Discussion Thread 2010-2011
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't know what day they meet, but my primary was complete about a month before I got the secondary, and then I received an interview about 2 weeks after my secondary was complete.
Yeah I got the secondary I think a month after my primary was complete too, but its been a month since the secondary was complete and I haven't heard anything from them.
Yeah I got the secondary I think a month after my primary was complete too, but its been a month since the secondary was complete and I haven't heard anything from them.
I would just be patient. I got the sense that they don't have to many hands working on our files, which is a lot of pressure for those that are. It's a long interview season and I'm sure you'll get an update before you know it. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have an interview coming up and I've read last year's thread. It seems like the interviews are pretty laid back. Not too stressful but any recent interviewees this cycle that got any tips and if they got any hard questions? Thanks! and good luck!
This school is amazing. Probably my new top choice 😍
This school is amazing. Probably my new top choice 😍
elaborate plsssssssssssss. why
This school is amazing. Probably my new top choice 😍
Nice, man! Fill us in! I am actually leaning towards KCUMB right now pre-interview, so elaborate! Hope the interviews went well.
Man, I'm still tired from driving so long so I'll write up a more detailed review later but I'll give you a couple of the highlights.
-Really well established (founded 1916) and has amazing architecture to show for it. Really cool stone-walled buildings all around a beautifully manicured courtyard with fountains.
-The curriculum. Really intuitive curriculum focused around body systems (aka GI, musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, etc) where you learn about the anatomy, pathology, biochemistry, etc of each system all at the same time. Supposedly it really helps retain the information and think more clinically about the medicine because its not just a bunch of disconnected classes taught together.
-The education. Sounds like all the professors are really on the same page, and basically the courses are just taught really well without many complaints from students. This is more of a gut-feeling, I can't really type it out. All i know is that one of the biggest knocks against Nova (another school I really like) is that its delivery of the material is disjointed and just sub-par. KCUMB has everything rolling efficiently and essentially perfected after almost a hundred years of experience.
-Location. The power and light district/downtown KC is like 10 minutes away from campus. Maybe it's just me but I like that the campus is right near the heart of such a big city and a place with a lot of activity. Another knock against a school I liked (AZCOM) was that there isn't anything to do right near campus. I asked students what they do after midterms and they just said they maybe hang out for a while before studying again. Conversely, location is something I liked about Nova because everyone parties or hits up south beach after exams. I feel like KCUMB is kind of the best of both worlds with a good balance.
-Apartment(singular). I really liked Century Towers right across the street from campus. They have really modern rooms, a sweet lounge, and a sweet 24 hour library/study area. They also have a gym with a raised hot tub. Most of all, I liked how most of the student population is all right there in one place right next to campus. Probably because I had a blast in the dorms and this feels like that same kind of community.
-And of course all the facilities are top notch, and they have a lot of character as opposed to simply just being ultra-modern (which they still are, of course).
There's more that I'm probably missing but I think I hit the main points. This ended up being a pretty all-encompassing post so there's probably no need to go into more detail in a review later on. When are you interviewing here wolverine? I already know about you Moose. Hope you both like it when you visit.
[EDIT]Also, they are building some fantastic new buildings. A really gorgeous auditorium where we get our white coats is already complete and directly next to it are a brand new library and a brand new student activities center/gym that will be open by the time we start school. The school just has everything.
-Really well established (founded 1916) and has amazing architecture to show for it. Really cool stone-walled buildings all around a beautifully manicured courtyard with fountains.
-The curriculum. Really intuitive curriculum focused around body systems (aka GI, musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, etc) where you learn about the anatomy, pathology, biochemistry, etc of each system all at the same time. Supposedly it really helps retain the information and think more clinically about the medicine because its not just a bunch of disconnected classes taught together.
-The education. Sounds like all the professors are really on the same page, and basically the courses are just taught really well without many complaints from students. This is more of a gut-feeling, I can't really type it out. All i know is that one of the biggest knocks against Nova (another school I really like) is that its delivery of the material is disjointed and just sub-par. KCUMB has everything rolling efficiently and essentially perfected after almost a hundred years of experience.
-Location. The power and light district/downtown KC is like 10 minutes away from campus. Maybe it's just me but I like that the campus is right near the heart of such a big city and a place with a lot of activity. Another knock against a school I liked (AZCOM) was that there isn't anything to do right near campus. I asked students what they do after midterms and they just said they maybe hang out for a while before studying again. Conversely, location is something I liked about Nova because everyone parties or hits up south beach after exams. I feel like KCUMB is kind of the best of both worlds with a good balance.
-Apartment(singular). I really liked Century Towers right across the street from campus. They have really modern rooms, a sweet lounge, and a sweet 24 hour library/study area. They also have a gym with a raised hot tub. Most of all, I liked how most of the student population is all right there in one place right next to campus. Probably because I had a blast in the dorms and this feels like that same kind of community.
-And of course all the facilities are top notch, and they have a lot of character as opposed to simply just being ultra-modern (which they still are, of course).
There's more that I'm probably missing but I think I hit the main points. This ended up being a pretty all-encompassing post so there's probably no need to go into more detail in a review later on. When are you interviewing here wolverine? I already know about you Moose. Hope you both like it when you visit.
[EDIT]Also, they are building some fantastic new buildings. A really gorgeous auditorium where we get our white coats is already complete and directly next to it are a brand new library and a brand new student activities center/gym that will be open by the time we start school. The school just has everything.
Last edited:
The school overall is definitely a top choice contender, with that being said though every time I go and interview at another school it keeps making my choice that much harder. I really wish I could narrow it down instead of including more 🙁
What I liked the most about KCUMB is the systems based curriculum. It makes synthesizing the mounds of info you learn in med school a less daunting task. which is definitely a plus. Also I think this is one of the few, if not the only DO school that does this.
What makes me hesitate is the nonexistent rotation sites in my home state, where I would ideally want to get a residency. Also, I am not a fan of the dress code. I find it pointless. It makes no sense to me that you have 2 choices at two ends of the spectrum - dress like a bum or look professional. I may find issue with this more though perhaps because fashion is something I really enjoy and this just squashes one of my daily creative outlets. But besides those two things, there aren't any other substantial issues.
One more thing, they didn't provide us with any match info or USMLE scores, which I would have liked to have seen and be able to compare to other schools.
Does anyone just wish you could take what you think are the best parts of each school and put them all together? Sigh...
Edit: One thing I forgot to comment on, though it's probably trivial, is that though our tour guides were really friendly and informative, for some reason while us suited ppls were wandering campus - none of the other students paid any attention to us or asked us if we had any questions for them. I found this odd b/c at both my other interviews we had so many random students come up to us that we ran out of questions!
What I liked the most about KCUMB is the systems based curriculum. It makes synthesizing the mounds of info you learn in med school a less daunting task. which is definitely a plus. Also I think this is one of the few, if not the only DO school that does this.
What makes me hesitate is the nonexistent rotation sites in my home state, where I would ideally want to get a residency. Also, I am not a fan of the dress code. I find it pointless. It makes no sense to me that you have 2 choices at two ends of the spectrum - dress like a bum or look professional. I may find issue with this more though perhaps because fashion is something I really enjoy and this just squashes one of my daily creative outlets. But besides those two things, there aren't any other substantial issues.
One more thing, they didn't provide us with any match info or USMLE scores, which I would have liked to have seen and be able to compare to other schools.
Does anyone just wish you could take what you think are the best parts of each school and put them all together? Sigh...
Edit: One thing I forgot to comment on, though it's probably trivial, is that though our tour guides were really friendly and informative, for some reason while us suited ppls were wandering campus - none of the other students paid any attention to us or asked us if we had any questions for them. I found this odd b/c at both my other interviews we had so many random students come up to us that we ran out of questions!
Last edited:
The school overall is definitely a top choice contender, with that being said though every time I go and interview at another school it keeps making my choice that much harder. I really wish I could narrow it down instead of including more 🙁
What I liked the most about KCUMB is the systems based curriculum. It makes synthesizing the mounds of info you learn in med school a less daunting task. which is definitely a plus. Also I think this is one of the few, if not the only DO school that does this.
What makes me hesitate is the nonexistent rotation sites in my home state, where I would ideally want to get a residency. Also, I am not a fan of the dress code. I find it pointless. It makes no sense to me that you have 2 choices at two ends of the spectrum - dress like a bum or look professional. I may find issue with this more though perhaps because fashion is something I really enjoy and this just squashes one of my daily creative outlets. But besides those two things, there aren't any other substantial issues.
One more thing, they didn't provide us with any match info or USMLE scores, which I would have liked to have seen and be able to compare to other schools.
Does anyone just wish you could take what you think are the best parts of each school and put them all together? Sigh...
Completely agree on the first and last paragraph. I feel that way every time I leave a school. It's like damnit, I was hoping I wouldn't fall in love with this one, too.
About the dress code, KCOM, Nova, and now KCUMB all have the same dress code policy (scrubs or business casual) so it's definitely not a rare system. They said after the first few weeks you can wear shirts and they don't care. No problems here (for me). At least its not mandatory business attire 24/7 (I'm looking at you, LECOM).
Also, none of the four schools I've visited so far have given me USMLE scores. It's been hard enough to get COMLEX scores out of these people so I'm not complaining. Definitely not a knock on KCUMB (alone at least).
Man, I'm still tired from driving so long so I'll write up a more detailed review later but I'll give you a couple of the highlights.
-Really well established (founded 1916) and has amazing architecture to show for it. Really cool stone-walled buildings all around a beautifully manicured courtyard with fountains.
-The curriculum. Really intuitive curriculum focused around body systems (aka GI, musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, etc) where you learn about the anatomy, pathology, biochemistry, etc of each system all at the same time. Supposedly it really helps retain the information and think more clinically about the medicine because its not just a bunch of disconnected classes taught together.
-The education. Sounds like all the professors are really on the same page, and basically the courses are just taught really well without many complaints from students. This is more of a gut-feeling, I can't really type it out. All i know is that one of the biggest knocks against Nova (another school I really like) is that its delivery of the material is disjointed and just sub-par. KCUMB has everything rolling efficiently and essentially perfected after almost a hundred years of experience.
-Location. The power and light district/downtown KC is like 10 minutes away from campus. Maybe it's just me but I like that the campus is right near the heart of such a big city and a place with a lot of activity. Another knock against a school I liked (AZCOM) was that there isn't anything to do right near campus. I asked students what they do after midterms and they just said they maybe hang out for a while before studying again. Conversely, location is something I liked about Nova because everyone parties or hits up south beach after exams. I feel like KCUMB is kind of the best of both worlds with a good balance.
-Apartment(singular). I really liked Century Towers right across the street from campus. They have really modern rooms, a sweet lounge, and a sweet 24 hour library/study area. They also have a gym with a raised hot tub. Most of all, I liked how most of the student population is all right there in one place right next to campus. Probably because I had a blast in the dorms and this feels like that same kind of community.
-And of course all the facilities are top notch, and they have a lot of character as opposed to simply just being ultra-modern (which they still are, of course).
There's more that I'm probably missing but I think I hit the main points. This ended up being a pretty all-encompassing post so there's probably no need to go into more detail in a review later on. When are you interviewing here wolverine? I already know about you Moose. Hope you both like it when you visit.
[EDIT]Also, they are building some fantastic new buildings. A really gorgeous auditorium where we get our white coats is already complete and directly next to it are a brand new library and a brand new student activities center/gym that will be open by the time we start school. The school just has everything.
Nice review! I'm pumped about this place!
The school overall is definitely a top choice contender, with that being said though every time I go and interview at another school it keeps making my choice that much harder. I really wish I could narrow it down instead of including more 🙁
What I liked the most about KCUMB is the systems based curriculum. It makes synthesizing the mounds of info you learn in med school a less daunting task. which is definitely a plus. Also I think this is one of the few, if not the only DO school that does this.
What makes me hesitate is the nonexistent rotation sites in my home state, where I would ideally want to get a residency. Also, I am not a fan of the dress code. I find it pointless. It makes no sense to me that you have 2 choices at two ends of the spectrum - dress like a bum or look professional. I may find issue with this more though perhaps because fashion is something I really enjoy and this just squashes one of my daily creative outlets. But besides those two things, there aren't any other substantial issues.
One more thing, they didn't provide us with any match info or USMLE scores, which I would have liked to have seen and be able to compare to other schools.
Does anyone just wish you could take what you think are the best parts of each school and put them all together? Sigh...
I'm glad you like it! I'm a huge fan of the systems based curriculum as well. I know RVU just switched to it this year and I believe they took their model from TCOM (via Dean Dubin).
I think I have to agree with MegaThunder and AutumnChild. Having visited DMU before, I thought that their facilities were top notch. After my visit, I am convinced that the facilities at KCUMB are just as good. They seem like they are very interested in the students, from the curriculum ( which makes perfect sense if you think about how you would want to be taught something), to the investment in facilities (new wellness center and library / bookstore), to the student ambassadors which I thought were very open and honest, and genuinely nice. There seemed to be a nice variety of representatives there to answer questions. They all seemed happy to be there, and happy with their choice.
Having interviewed, KCUMB went from a school that I would go to if I got in, to definitely my top choice regardless of other schools that I get into. The city was okay (I'm not a city person), but it did seem like there was a lot to do. It also seemed like the school focused on the community a lot.
Overall, top of the line facilities, awesome curriculum, happy students, are why I have decided that if I get in, this is me.
Having interviewed, KCUMB went from a school that I would go to if I got in, to definitely my top choice regardless of other schools that I get into. The city was okay (I'm not a city person), but it did seem like there was a lot to do. It also seemed like the school focused on the community a lot.
Overall, top of the line facilities, awesome curriculum, happy students, are why I have decided that if I get in, this is me.
Completely agree on the first and last paragraph. I feel that way every time I leave a school. It's like damnit, I was hoping I wouldn't fall in love with this one, too.
About the dress code, KCOM, Nova, and now KCUMB all have the same dress code policy (scrubs or business casual) so it's definitely not a rare system. They said after the first few weeks you can wear shirts and they don't care. No problems here (for me). At least its not mandatory business attire 24/7 (I'm looking at you, LECOM).
Also, none of the four schools I've visited so far have given me USMLE scores. It's been hard enough to get COMLEX scores out of these people so I'm not complaining. Definitely not a knock on KCUMB (alone at least).
Yeah, I am aware several other schools have dress codes and I can live with it if need be, but I'm just curious as to why schools feel the need to implement a dress code. To my knowledge this seems to be only a DO school thing. I can't think of why they would do it because i'm pretty sure everyone who gets in isn't some outrageous punk rocker, goth fiend or vogue diva - I like fashion, but i'm not impractical or overzealous. The only thing I can think of is perhaps they want to differ themselves from MD schools, but this would be such a ridiculous reason. I would love know the true purpose behind this.
Also I actually did get a sheet with USMLE scores/score ranges when I went to DMU. Don't remember if I did at CCOM. At least it would've been nice to see the match list.
To those who interviewed yesterday...what time does the school shuttle leave to go back to the holiday inn express at the end of the day? I'm trying to set up the "super shuttle" for a 6:30 flight for this thursday and they want to schedule a pick up time of ~4:00 st the holiday inn. Did the school shuttle get you back before 4? It looks like it's twice the price if I have the super shuttle pick me up at the school and if I do that it would probably worth just renting a car...
To those who interviewed yesterday...what time does the school shuttle leave to go back to the holiday inn express at the end of the day? I'm trying to set up the "super shuttle" for a 6:30 flight for this thursday and they want to schedule a pick up time of ~4:00 st the holiday inn. Did the school shuttle get you back before 4? It looks like it's twice the price if I have the super shuttle pick me up at the school and if I do that it would probably worth just renting a car...
The time the shuttle leaves to go back to the hotel is dependent upon when everyone who needs the shuttle is done with their interview. All of us that needed it were done yesterday at like 2:30 (interviews start around 1pm) so I got back to the holiday inn express at about 2:45. I think it says the day can go until 3:30 though, but even then you should be back to the hotel by 3:45, although that may be cutting it a little close. You can try calling the school to see if they can give you more info?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The time the shuttle leaves to go back to the hotel is dependent upon when everyone who needs the shuttle is done with their interview. All of us that needed it were done yesterday at like 2:30 (interviews start around 1pm) so I got back to the holiday inn express at about 2:45. I think it says the day can go until 3:30 though, but even then you should be back to the hotel by 3:45, although that may be cutting it a little close. You can try calling the school to see if they can give you more info?
I ended up booking it...I think it'll work out.
One more question...what was the interview format? One on one, a panel, a group...etc?
interview on Nov 5th! thank god since I interview 4th at kcom so this will save me a ton of money on flights! I'm sooooo excited about this one!
Interview Nov. 9th! Trying to figure out travel now so it doesn't cost $1000+...
I ended up booking it...I think it'll work out.
One more question...what was the interview format? One on one, a panel, a group...etc?
I think each interviewee had two people interviewing them. I don't know if it was for everyone, but I was paired with someone who understood the strengths of my application. I don't know if that was on purpose or not. I found that their questions were very straightforward and they wanted to actually get to know you. I had something in my transcript worthy of an explanation, and they asked about it. It was very laid back (in fact, I was nervous that it was so unstressful that I had done something wrong) and the whole day was actually very informative and worthwhile.
Also, to those travelling, I couldn't find a cheaper flight than Southwest. I stayed with a student host, and they were amazing...
hope this helps.
I'm at the holiday inn express...I don't know if it has a bar or if theres one nearby but I'd be down for a drink later if anyone's interested. I think I'll be in around 9 if my flights not delayed...but the weather up here in the north east isn't being too cooperative right now
Interview Nov. 9th! Trying to figure out travel now so it doesn't cost $1000+...
I will also be there on the 9th😀
I think each interviewee had two people interviewing them. I don't know if it was for everyone, but I was paired with someone who understood the strengths of my application. I don't know if that was on purpose or not. I found that their questions were very straightforward and they wanted to actually get to know you. I had something in my transcript worthy of an explanation, and they asked about it. It was very laid back (in fact, I was nervous that it was so unstressful that I had done something wrong) and the whole day was actually very informative and worthwhile.
Also, to those travelling, I couldn't find a cheaper flight than Southwest. I stayed with a student host, and they were amazing...
hope this helps.
Did you do the "Wanna Get Away" fare through Southwest? I'm a little wary that it's about half the cost of the other fares...
I will also be there on the 9th😀
Nice - See you there!
no one interviewing on the 5th?
Anyone interviewing on 11/3?? I have my hotel and everything booked! I am excited! The reviews of this school look make it sound awesome! Definitely a top choice for me!
Did you do the "Wanna Get Away" fare through Southwest? I'm a little wary that it's about half the cost of the other fares...
haha. I thought that initially as well, but the half price is because you are only buying a 1-way ticket! You have to click on it, then scroll down and select your return flight. 😉 It's not much cheaper (at least it wasn't for me).
haha. I thought that initially as well, but the half price is because you are only buying a 1-way ticket! You have to click on it, then scroll down and select your return flight. 😉 It's not much cheaper (at least it wasn't for me).
+1, I just flew Southwest and both times I got a phone call an hour before my flight saying it was delayed an hour. But the nice thing about Southwest is they make jokes about their bad flying. We were coming down to land and the pilot dropped too fast and we hit with a thud. He immediately got on the intercom and said, "that's why you get such good deals on Southwest tickets!" So awesome.
+1, I just flew Southwest and both times I got a phone call an hour before my flight saying it was delayed an hour. But the nice thing about Southwest is they make jokes about their bad flying. We were coming down to land and the pilot dropped too fast and we hit with a thud. He immediately got on the intercom and said, "that's why you get such good deals on Southwest tickets!" So awesome.
Haha. Landings are the worst part too... Man, I hate those.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1, I just flew Southwest and both times I got a phone call an hour before my flight saying it was delayed an hour. But the nice thing about Southwest is they make jokes about their bad flying. We were coming down to land and the pilot dropped too fast and we hit with a thud. He immediately got on the intercom and said, "that's why you get such good deals on Southwest tickets!" So awesome.
LOL thats scary but funny as hell!
Agreed! Nice to meet you too (sat next to you at lunch I think)Wow! KCUMB is great! Nice meeting everyone today!
Man, I'm still tired from driving so long so I'll write up a more detailed review later but I'll give you a couple of the highlights.
-Really well established (founded 1916) and has amazing architecture to show for it. Really cool stone-walled buildings all around a beautifully manicured courtyard with fountains.
-The curriculum. Really intuitive curriculum focused around body systems (aka GI, musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, etc) where you learn about the anatomy, pathology, biochemistry, etc of each system all at the same time. Supposedly it really helps retain the information and think more clinically about the medicine because its not just a bunch of disconnected classes taught together.
-The education. Sounds like all the professors are really on the same page, and basically the courses are just taught really well without many complaints from students. This is more of a gut-feeling, I can't really type it out. All i know is that one of the biggest knocks against Nova (another school I really like) is that its delivery of the material is disjointed and just sub-par. KCUMB has everything rolling efficiently and essentially perfected after almost a hundred years of experience.
-Location. The power and light district/downtown KC is like 10 minutes away from campus. Maybe it's just me but I like that the campus is right near the heart of such a big city and a place with a lot of activity. Another knock against a school I liked (AZCOM) was that there isn't anything to do right near campus. I asked students what they do after midterms and they just said they maybe hang out for a while before studying again. Conversely, location is something I liked about Nova because everyone parties or hits up south beach after exams. I feel like KCUMB is kind of the best of both worlds with a good balance.
-Apartment(singular). I really liked Century Towers right across the street from campus. They have really modern rooms, a sweet lounge, and a sweet 24 hour library/study area. They also have a gym with a raised hot tub. Most of all, I liked how most of the student population is all right there in one place right next to campus. Probably because I had a blast in the dorms and this feels like that same kind of community.
-And of course all the facilities are top notch, and they have a lot of character as opposed to simply just being ultra-modern (which they still are, of course).
There's more that I'm probably missing but I think I hit the main points. This ended up being a pretty all-encompassing post so there's probably no need to go into more detail in a review later on. When are you interviewing here wolverine? I already know about you Moose. Hope you both like it when you visit.
[EDIT]Also, they are building some fantastic new buildings. A really gorgeous auditorium where we get our white coats is already complete and directly next to it are a brand new library and a brand new student activities center/gym that will be open by the time we start school. The school just has everything.
Great review! I'm so excited to be there on Nov 5th! this school is one of my top choices for sure and I'm really looking forward to the interview day! is it just me or is KCUMB is just starting with interviews this month as like compared to Lecom or Nova, .....
On the dates of November 3rd-5th I will be in Kansas City for an interview. I need to save on expenses, and wonder if any other potential interviewee would like to split costs at a Q Hotel. I will of course be willing to share information about myself beforehand.
Last edited:
Did you do the "Wanna Get Away" fare through Southwest? I'm a little wary that it's about half the cost of the other fares...
Sorry for the late reply, yes, I did do the wanna get away fare. Actually, that is the only way I have ever flown Southwest. It works great. The best part is that the fare costs are about half of other airlines... 😀 Southwest is great.
Sorry for the late reply, yes, I did do the wanna get away fare. Actually, that is the only way I have ever flown Southwest. It works great. The best part is that the fare costs are about half of other airlines... 😀 Southwest is great.
No worries - I actually just found out I can fly there for $5! I have a full-time job now that requires a bit of travel, and I have just enough frequent flyer miles through Delta to pay for the trip!
Hoping we hear back soon! I'm getting super antsy.
Does anyone know whats the percentage or chance of acceptence if you get an interview?
Hoping we hear back soon! I'm getting super antsy.
What did they tell you at the end of your interview? That if you didn't hear by the 20th to give them a call? I am hoping this too, as I am super excited about the curriculum.
interviewing nov. 11th, anyone else going to be there?
What did they tell you at the end of your interview? That if you didn't hear by the 20th to give them a call? I am hoping this too, as I am super excited about the curriculum.
I heard that we can call them before Oct. 20th because we should get notified by snail mail by the 20th which means they'll have our decision before then. I was thinking about calling at the end of this week. Has anyone called yet?
I heard that we can call them before Oct. 20th because we should get notified by snail mail by the 20th which means they'll have our decision before then. I was thinking about calling at the end of this week. Has anyone called yet?
Nope but your idea of calling at the end of this week sounds like a good one.
Nope, but your idea of calling at the end of this week sounds like a good one.
One of the interviewers said that the committee meets on Friday. Given that the 20th is a "worst case scenario" for snail mail, it seems to me that they met last Friday. I think it might be a bit awkward if you call and they say that they haven't even met yet, and that they will meet this Friday (the 15th). I don't think it will matter (about your matriculation status) though, it's just I don't think it matters when you call, if they only meet on Friday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know whats the percentage or chance of acceptence if you get an interview?
A very high percentage~ 80% the KCUMB interview was the most relaxed interview I had, so its hard to get a feel if you did bad. I was told that unless you really rub someone the wrong way during the interview... you will get in. So if you are awkward and make people uncomfortable or could possibly give off that vibe... practice on improving.
A very high percentage~ 80% the KCUMB interview was the most relaxed interview I had, so its hard to get a feel if you did bad. I was told that unless you really rub someone the wrong way during the interview... you will get in. So if you are awkward and make people uncomfortable or could possibly give off that vibe... practice on improving.
I hope I make it into that 80%. I keep thinking about an ethics question I stumbled on and am hoping that it's just me blowing it out of proportion...which I probably am, but I just got waitlisted at another school so my confidence is a little shot right now so I keep thinking the worst...I just got to keep telling myself "how can they turn me down after they fit me for a white coat"...haha...here's to hoping they are a little early with their decisions
11/9 interview date... anyone else?
Me too! This is my first interview so I'm really excited!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 69K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 49K