-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
KCUMB Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I would call Patricia HarperOk people... I just received a secondary email from these guys... I was rejected with no secondary in Aug... WTH?? So now I'm un-rejected??? Thoughts?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would call Patricia Harper
I'm going to call back, I called at noon their time and there was no answer, but I figure they could be at lunch or something... Yeah, I don't get it!
update: They don't know if I was supposed to receive it or not. They are looking into it because when she asked if I had new scores I said "no all my scores are the same" and she said hmmmm.... and she said she'd call me back... we'll see... not submitting my 50$ until I know for sure...
Last edited:
Unfortunately, I've been waitlisted at KCUMB. I'm hopeful that room will open up because I would love to go to this school. I don't believe there is much hope as they only moved 2 from the waitlist last year. Any other waitlisters out there?
Also, I've read some threads from the past years and people have mentioned receiving a waitlist position with guaranteed acceptance the following year. Has anybody received one of those letters yet this year or did they quit doing those?
Sorry to hear about the waitlist. To answer your question, no one's going to get a waitlist with guaranteed acceptance for next year this early in the game. What a waitlist with a guarantee means is "we're accepting you, but we've run out of seats. Here's a seat for next year".
With it only being December, there's no way they've run out of seats for the class of 2016 yet. The waitlist with guaranteed acceptance deals will probably be offered in late spring if at all.
Anyway, keep your chin up. A handful from my class (2013) were taken off the waitlist. It's early in the application season. Anything can happen.
Interviewed 11/16
Accepted 12/1 (got here today)!!!
Accepted 12/1 (got here today)!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I also interviewed on 11/16, but didn't get any letter last week. If applicants get rejected/waitlisted post-interview, do we still get notified by some kind of a snail mail around the same time the accepted applicants are notified? I'm just wondering if it's the geographical location (I live in the east coast) or if it's actually a bad news.
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! I also interviewed on 11/16, but didn't get any letter last week. If applicants get rejected/waitlisted post-interview, do we still get notified by some kind of a snail mail around the same time the accepted applicants are notified? I'm just wondering if it's the geographical location (I live in the east coast) or if it's actually a bad news.
All of the letters are sent out at the same time. Whether you have received a letter yet has no bearing on what your letter will say.
Hey That's when i interviewed too! hehe Hopefully we will get in 👍I was interviewed on Monday 11/28/11. The admission staff said we will hear the decision within 3 weeks. I remember someone said in this forum that they will meet this week. Hope we can hear something soon. Good luck to all of you!!!!
Hey congrats to everybody that got accepted! I just received an interview invite here last week for February (those are the earliest spots available now).
Did u hear anything yet?
Hey That's when i interviewed too! hehe Hopefully we will get in 👍
Congrats everyone! Share your stats for the people still waiting please.
Accepted, letter arrived in Oklahoma on Saturday (12/3/11).
Letter Dated: 12/1/11
Interviewed: 11/14/11
Secondary Submitted: 10/16/11
AACOMAS Released: 9/15/11
GPA (Science): 3.80
GPA (Non-science): 3.00
MCAT (BS/PS/VR): 10/8/8
Congratulations to everyone accepted thus far...to those being interviewed in the near future, best of luck. Relax and be yourself...keeping a smile during the interview makes a huge difference! Not kidding...they'll comment on it.
Doopa, your name Mike from Chicago that interviewed on 11/14 by any chance??
Accepted!!! I interviewed on 11/14. stats: GPA: 3.6, sci. GPA: 3.4, MCAT: 27. I got the letter in the mail just today (12/5), and I live in New Jersey. The letters should be coming in the mail within the next few days for ppl who interviewed around my date and are still waiting...it also depends on how fast (or slow) your local mail system is, so I wouldn't worry too much! Best of luck, everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone that interviewed 11/28 get a letter?
11/28 was the day before this past committee met.
I did not get anything yet oh so they met on 29th? I remember they told us that we will get an answer in 3 weeks.
I was interviewed on 11/28 too. But I didn't receive anything yet and I am in Kansas City area. Where did you hear they had the meeting on 29th of Nov?
I did not get anything yet oh so they met on 29th? I remember they told us that we will get an answer in 3 weeks.
So, I was erroneously rejected from this school in Aug... just received word today! Very excited to be able to apply... I hope it's not too late!
I was interviewed on 11/28 too. But I didn't receive anything yet and I am in Kansas City area. Where did you hear they had the meeting on 29th of Nov?
The meeting on the 29th was for the 11/14 11/16 interviews. I received confirmation that the committee meets this week for the 11/28 interviews: I might be mistaken on this aspect, but I believe they will be meeting tomorrow (tuesday), so perhaps the letter will be going out very soon and maybe we'll have it by the end of the week. *end run-on*
Thanks a lot for the info.
The meeting on the 29th was for the 11/14 11/16 interviews. I received confirmation that the committee meets this week for the 11/28 interviews: I might be mistaken on this aspect, but I believe they will be meeting tomorrow (tuesday), so perhaps the letter will be going out very soon and maybe we'll have it by the end of the week. *end run-on*
Hi everyone, wondering what the curriculum style is here? I see that it is clinical-presentation focused system.... Does that mean lectures 8hrs a day, or is this more of an independent learning approach? Thanks!
Hi everyone, wondering what the curriculum style is here? I see that it is clinical-presentation focused system.... Does that mean lectures 8hrs a day, or is this more of an independent learning approach? Thanks!
From what I was told when I interviewed, class 4 hours per day, clinical/lab stuff the rest of the day. And you learn by system. You do so many weeks of musculoskeleton, then so many weeks of cardiopulmonary, etc.
Accepted, letter arrived in Oklahoma on Saturday (12/3/11).
Letter Dated: 12/1/11
Interviewed: 11/14/11
Secondary Submitted: 10/16/11
AACOMAS Released: 9/15/11
GPA (Science): 3.80
GPA (Non-science): 3.00
MCAT (BS/PS/VR): 10/8/8
Congratulations to everyone accepted thus far...to those being interviewed in the near future, best of luck. Relax and be yourself...keeping a smile during the interview makes a huge difference! Not kidding...they'll comment on it.
Doopa, your name Mike from Chicago that interviewed on 11/14 by any chance??
Awesome! More Oklahomans!
Congrats to everyone who just received accpetances!
http://www.kcumb.edu/academics/do/byyear.asp
It is a "patient-centered, clinical presentation-based curriculum".
From what I was told when I interviewed, class 4 hours per day, clinical/lab stuff the rest of the day. And you learn by system. You do so many weeks of musculoskeleton, then so many weeks of cardiopulmonary, etc.
http://www.kcumb.edu/academics/do/byyear.asp
It is a "patient-centered, clinical presentation-based curriculum".
Congrats to everyone who just received accpetances!
http://www.kcumb.edu/academics/do/byyear.asp
It is a "patient-centered, clinical presentation-based curriculum".
Right I get that, but I don't really want to sit in a classroom for 8 hours each day and then have to go home and study. So the answer that they spend about 4 hours and lecture and the rest of the day in lab is really what I was looking for. I am surprised they aren't going to a more ISP/PBL style given that the board scores are usually higher with those systems... either way, thank you for the link.
On another note, does anyone know how many sites in CO are available? It says they're affiliated with RVU...
Last edited:
you should probably get used to the idea of being in class all day and then going home and studying all night. just sayin'...
Agreed. This is medical school, I would be prepared to do school...you know, all the time. This is not like undergrad.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you should probably get used to the idea of being in class all day and then going home and studying all night. just sayin'...
There BETTER be a starbucks or caribou coffee near ct otherwise I am gonna b pissed. I am a morning person and will need all the coffee I can get to stay up at night
There BETTER be a starbucks or caribou coffee near ct otherwise I am gonna b pissed. I am a morning person and will need all the coffee I can get to stay up at night
by "night" I suppose I meant evening. I usually call it quits around 9:30-10:00 so I can get some decent sleep.
There BETTER be a starbucks or caribou coffee near ct otherwise I am gonna b pissed. I am a morning person and will need all the coffee I can get to stay up at night
i would count on neither... either get a keurig and fill a mug, become a fan of 7/11 coffee, or buy coffee at the student center
by "night" I suppose I meant evening. I usually call it quits around 9:30-10:00 so I can get some decent sleep.
I'm not in med school yet, but I can already tell you that's not happening...
There BETTER be a starbucks or caribou coffee near ct otherwise I am gonna b pissed. I am a morning person and will need all the coffee I can get to stay up at night
The student center has a Roasterie in it, which is a local coffee company that is 100x better than Starbucks.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 69K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 49K
