Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Keep the faith

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by futuremd22283, Nov 30, 2005.

1. futuremd22283

futuremd22283 Titleist
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Like many others, I've had to wait an extra year to pursue my dream. At one of the medical schools I applied to I was kept on the waiting list until the first day of class and finally rejected. Last week I received notice that I was accepted into that medical school for next years class. Needless to say, my parents called me hysterical stating they had read the letter at least 5 times before calling me to be sure. Hard work does pay off. I was devastated when I didn't get in last year, but I picked my pride off the ground and talked to the schools to find out ways to improve my chances. They recommended I take and EMT-Basic course to get some experience and take a few more upper level classes (although I had already graduated) to expand my knowledge. Obviously they had faith in me and what I had done ( I was accepted w/out even a new set of interviews). So I just wanted to let everyone know that good things do happen for those who are patient and wait for our chance. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mj1878

mj1878 Water good...
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Congratulations on getting in!! :thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. scneuro

scneuro Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hungover:

4. alohaknight1

alohaknight1 UCFKnightro
    5+ Year Member

Optometry Student

EMT huh? That's a pretty neat/different idea compared to the ones I was given by schools last year. Mind sharing where you got in?

5. futuremd22283

futuremd22283 Titleist
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No problem. I'm from Louisiana, I just got into LSUHSC Shreveport. The medical schools I had applied to last year all felt that my main deficiency was clinical experience. I had shadowed several physicians for extended periods of time and had also volunteered at a local clinic for the working poor. However, the medical schools still felt that I needed to get some more experience in the field. The EMT class teaches you basic life support techniques such as bleeding/shock management, splinting techniques, emergency delivery of a baby, etc. It was a really good experience. Good luck.