Keeping Eyelids Shut

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

positivepsych

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I sleep at night, my eyelids remain a little open, which causes me to have extremely dry eyes when I wake up. I've tried eye drops, and even the preservative-free Liquidgels which are supposed to last longer, and it still doesn't help.

I was wondering if there are other solutions to this problem. Perhaps taping eyelids shut with a 3M Transpore-like material? How do optometrists deal with this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

You should see an good Optometrist. You should be evaluated on the severity of you dry eye before anything. They may Rx a moisture shield, taping, or thick gel, but you really should be seen. If its bad enough they may send you for a surgical consult.

Applying preservative-free ointment before bed (like Refresh PM ung) and wearing an eyemask when you sleep. It also helps to lubricate eyes frequently during the day and take nutritional supp such as omega III capsules for dryness.

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto the Refresh Pm or Lacrilube at night.. Just put a line of ointment on your lower lid before you sleep..

But I agree with the other poster.. if it's getting bad, see an OD to get more advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.