keeping track of volunteering

Started by premeddo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premeddo

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what or how is the best way to keep track of all your shadowing and volunteering done?

I personally have only spent some time shadowing a friend of mine who is R1. I have the areas in which I shadowed him and the number of hours spent there as well as the date.

i.e.
4/15/04 - 4/17/04
ICU - 8 hrs.
Clinic - 10 hrs.
ER - 5 hrs.

I don't know, when asked what shadowing have you done do you give a breakdown? Also do you have to show proof?

The numbers above are my actual time spent. I plan to go for an entire week this coming month. And ofcourse more when i get a chance. It gets hard when you have to work 40+ hrs. going to school 12 hrs and then try to do volunteering on the side and still try to maintaine a decent social life! 🙁