Kentucky or Cincinnati? I am torn...

Started by DRoy1124
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I've never been to U of K, so I don't know anything about it, but I heard it's location is pretty ghetto. I have done a summer research at U of Cincinnati, and I really like the school. The campus is really pretty and many building are designed by famous architectures.
 
I would actually say the opposite. Lexington is a really nice city. Both Campuses are amazing, but UC is surrounded by Clifton and Avondale, which is quite "ghetto".
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Consider this, when people think of pharmacy school in Kentucky, they automatically think of U of K. When people think of pharmacy school in Ohio, they think of Ohio State. Unless your from Ohio and you really don't want to pay the out of state tuition, or you are a huge bearcats fan and can't stand the Wildcats, I think it would be a no-brainer. However, ranking isn't everything, it's up to you to weigh the pros and cons specific to you. I was accepted to Cincinnati and withdrew my application after getting accepted to Tennessee. That was a very difficult decision.