Keyboard During DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

w4nt2baDDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will there be a keyboard on the actual DAT?

I am about to take a series of practice tests leading up to my DAT in 2 weeks. I want to simulate these tests closely to the real DAT, is having a keyboard on the desk (kind of in the way) likely to be the situation on test day?

I know these centers are used for all types of tests and the GRE requires typing, so does that mean it's likely there will be a keyboard?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, but you also have a desk space large enough to stretch your arms. I just pushed the keyboard back, into a pocket of space below the monitor screen and found plenty of room for my two white erase sheets and to place the mouse in a comfortable position.

Members don't see this ad :)
also wanted to add that my center's number keypad worked so I took advantage of that in the math section. Every center is different though.

Will there be a keyboard on the actual DAT?

I am about to take a series of practice tests leading up to my DAT in 2 weeks. I want to simulate these tests closely to the real DAT, is having a keyboard on the desk (kind of in the way) likely to be the situation on test day?

I know these centers are used for all types of tests and the GRE requires typing, so does that mean it's likely there will be a keyboard?

A lot of my students find this helpful.

https://www.prometric.com/en-us/for-test-takers/prepare-for-test-day/pages/take-a-practice-test.aspx