Kirksville and LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjkalmat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
I have an interviews at LECOM and Kirksville next week. Can anyone (maybe current students) tell me what they think about their experiences at the schools.
How is the basic science teaching? Clinicals? Do you think you will be well prepared for residency?
Maybe also some interviewing tips?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there. I just want to tell you that I work with alot of the docs/interns/residents/rotation students that are from KCOM at the hospital here in Kirksville and I always ask how they like it (since I applied there, too.). I have heard a couple stressed out answers, which have nothing to do with KCOM, but being up all night! Anyway, never once have I heard anyone complain about it. I know that when I am at work, the docs, interns, and residents are more than willing to let me observe and ask questions. One of the parts of the Osteopathic philosophy is to be dedicated to the furture of osteopathic education (not exact wording, of course!)..and I feel that I am shown this attitude over and over when I work with these individuals. Good luck to you.