know anything about keratoconus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docjolly

On Cloud Nine, Once Again
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I accidentally posted my question in the Optometry forum :eek:
Anyhow, I had mentioned that my ophthalmologist had just diagnosed me as having keratoconus in one of my eyes. Unfortunately, she gave such an unnaceptable, incoherent explanation of my condition that I left her office feeling more confused than ever..

Can anyone tell me: what causes keratoconus? is it a common eye disease? is there a cure? is it possible for me to develop it in my other eye? if it continues to progress, what will happen to my eye?

Any information that you can help me would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

docjolly said:
Can anyone tell me: what causes keratoconus? is it a common eye disease? is there a cure? is it possible for me to develop it in my other eye? if it continues to progress, what will happen to my eye?

Any information that you can help me would be greatly appreciated!

You can get complete details here:

http://www.kcenter.org/disease_info/Keratoconus.html

Good luck.

um... optometrists can diagnose and manage keratoconus just as well (and in the case of contact lenses) sometimes better than ophthalmologists.

So, your question was valid in that forum. no need for alarm.

cpw said:
um... optometrists can diagnose and manage keratoconus just as well (and in the case of contact lenses) sometimes better than ophthalmologists.

So, your question was valid in that forum. no need for alarm.

someone gave me bad karma for saying I can manage keratoconus.. that's pretty funny :laugh: