Kroger is forcing interns to sign contract?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fiorio

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kroger in Columbus OH area is forcing P2, P3 interns to sign contract. Initially, if you don't sign, you won't get the annual raise.
The story right now is if you don't sign, you get 0 hour, which equals you are FIRED.

I don't know if Kroger in the rest of the country is doing this or not.
:confused: Now all the Kroger interns got outraged and pissed.

I seriously don't know what the headquarter of Kroger is thinking, it gives Kroger a really bad reputation and makes them more difficult to recruit good people in the future.

Discuss

Members don't see this ad.

down here in southwest its only if you got their scholarships where they paid about 75% of your school i think. then u have to work for them for as long as you got the money or pay it back with outrageous interest to get out

Members don't see this ad :)
They did that to me, too. Back in '07. If you weren't signed on by your P-4 year, adios!

Is that with a sign on bonus? Or are you supposed to be so grateful for being their do-boy that you must sign on or GTFO.

Is that with a sign on bonus? Or are you supposed to be so grateful for being their do-boy that you must sign on or GTFO.

Well, you get the tuition reimbursement when you sign on. Just tuition for the year and you work for them each year you sign on. That worked out to about $6k a year at WVU back then. A pretty ****ty arrangement if you ask me.

Well, you get the tuition reimbursement when you sign on. Just tuition for the year and you work for them each year you sign on. That worked out to about $6k a year at WVU back then. A pretty ****ty arrangement if you ask me.

6k tuition? Ehhhh Toni, whaatsa this aguy asmoking??

Last edited:
That would have been $20K+ for us.

So I'm guessing that signing on and receiving tuition reimbursement is a BAD idea?