KU Med Class of 2014!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine isn't very creative!

Members don't see this ad.

Mine isn't either really, but I get a lot of people wondering if I am a guy or a girl!

In the doctor's office now to get this physical done and my last set if titers. Following I'll probably get those chalk trainings done later today. Hospital ID on July 8.

I will be living on 48th street right off of rainbow, anyone going to be close? Trying to decide whether I even need a parking pass.

Any ideas why we have a histopath lab during orientation? Maybe just to orient ourselves around the lab so we don't waste our time in the following weeks?

Members don't see this ad :)
In the doctor's office now to get this physical done and my last set if titers. Following I'll probably get those chalk trainings done later today. Hospital ID on July 8.

I will be living on 48th street right off of rainbow, anyone going to be close? Trying to decide whether I even need a parking pass.

Any ideas why we have a histopath lab during orientation? Maybe just to orient ourselves around the lab so we don't waste our time in the following weeks?

I got an apartment at Rainbow Ridge, just north of the hospital on Rainbow; definitely not planning to purchase a parking pass.

They do that to orient you to the way histo labs are taught. For a normal histo lab, you are given a syllabus type thing with descriptions of what you are looking at, a link to the slide in Aperio, and a link to a web video that gives you a tour of the slide and points out what you are looking at, things to remember, etc. Before lab, I (and most people) run through the syllabus, watch the slide tours, and take screen clips from the slide and paste them into OneNote, and type a descriptive caption under them.

During lab, whoever is teaching the lab will run through the syllabus and point out some things and take questions. There is a quiz at the end of the lab (it is open note).

They also give you a practice lecture and a practice test during orientation, to give you an idea of what those are like.

Hope that helps.

-Jered

Boo... just got small groups assigned.

I'm in the opposite group (3p-5p) as everybody that I already know through SDN (1p-3p). :thumbdown:

Boo... just got small groups assigned.

I'm in the opposite group (3p-5p) as everybody that I already know through SDN (1p-3p). :thumbdown:

:( Bummer

Group wise, do the time frames make a difference? Or will it literally be just the small groups in a classroom?

I will be in a 1-3pm group..

Group wise, do the time frames make a difference? Or will it literally be just the small groups in a classroom?

I will be in a 1-3pm group..

As I understand it, the group number just determines what time we meet for basically everything besides lectures and a few other things... So, small groups, clinical skills lab, even exam & retake schedules are determined by group number. I think this is what you meant by your question, but apologies if I misunderstood.

Also in a 1-3 group, woo hoo!

Less than 2 weeks left!

Well the time has come! :luck: to you all on your journey and don't forget to post and tell us 2015er's how it's going and what to expect. ;)