KYCO and Midwestern IL/ MCPHS Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Knight2727

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone interviewed or toured at either school? Interested to hear feedback regarding the schools.
 
Hi!

I interviewed at KYCO 01/21/17. It's a really pretty campus and the optometry building itself is still under constructions, but will be done some time this spring. It's REALLY NICE...the technology and lay-out is amazing! If you get invited for an interview, you should definitely go!
 
KYCO is actually really nice. I am from Kentucky so I was a bit judgmental of the program before seeing it, but I was thoroughly impressed. I got accepted to KYCO, SCO, and IU and KYCO is defiantly in my top 2. Very advanced with the lasers, injections, etc. I personally chose IU just because I have lived in KY 21 years and needed a change of scenery. REALLY worth looking into though. Being from KY, i can say it takes a unique kind of person to be stuck in the mountains for 4 years, but that is totally a personal preference. Good luck!
Hey! I have an interview there soon, could you tell me what its like there? what kind of questions they ask?

Thank you!