Thoughts on PCO, MCPHS, & Midwestern (CCO)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tyt2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've been looking through this forum and noticed that there are no interview feedback pages for MCPHS and Midwestern (CCO). I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on SALUS/PCO, MCPHS, & Midwestern (CCO). Do you think NBEO pass rates should be a the largest factor in deciding on a school? Let me know what you think!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

I've been looking through this forum and noticed that there are no interview feedback pages for MCPHS and Midwestern (CCO). I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on SALUS/PCO, MCPHS, & Midwestern (CCO). Do you think NBEO pass rates should be a the largest factor in deciding on a school? Let me know what you think!
I interviewed at CCO and really loved it. I know board scores have been a concern, but keep in mind there's first-time pass rates and ultimate-pass rates. Not saying it's fun to take an exam again, but I know historically with new schools (but even for some established schools) the first-time pass rates can be low. What I think will be really interesting is to see what happens this year--I heard boards got cancelled the day before they were supposed to take it and they ended up taking it 4 months later. I can imagine that the overall first-time pass rates will be lower this year for a lot of schools...

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed at CCO and really loved it. I know board scores have been a concern, but keep in mind there's first-time pass rates and ultimate-pass rates. Not saying it's fun to take an exam again, but I know historically with new schools (but even for some established schools) the first-time pass rates can be low. What I think will be really interesting is to see what happens this year--I heard boards got cancelled the day before they were supposed to take it and they ended up taking it 4 months later. I can imagine that the overall first-time pass rates will be lower this year for a lot of schools...

Hi! I haven't heard a lot about CCO, but was hoping it would be a good school since it has other professional programs. The board scores were definitely a concern and accreditation was a red flag to a lot of people on this forum too. I heard they will be having their first graduating class either this year or next year. Things must have been difficult for them and everyone else taking their board exams this time around, COVID really blindsided everyone.

Do you happen to have any advice for the CCO interview? I will be having mine on 10/19 and was told it was a 1:2 interview + a tour.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I haven't heard a lot about CCO, but was hoping it would be a good school since it has other professional programs. The board scores were definitely a concern and accreditation was a red flag to a lot of people on this forum too. I heard they will be having their first graduating class either this year or next year. Things must have been difficult for them and everyone else taking their board exams this time around, COVID really blindsided everyone.

Do you happen to have any advice for the CCO interview? I will be having mine on 10/19 and was told it was a 1:2 interview + a tour.
I think it's like every new school--they all had to go through the accreditation process. I believe their first class is graduating this May (2021). The interview day lasts about 3.5 hours but the actual interview is only 20 minutes or so. It's with 2 faculty members and it's closed file. It was pretty much conversational and quite enjoyable. They did ask how I thought my grades and OAT were but they never asked specifically for them. I think the director said afterwards they all gather and the files become open (so they'll see them eventually). I would just be open and honest, and just try to enjoy it.

• Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
I think it's like every new school--they all had to go through the accreditation process. I believe their first class is graduating this May (2021). The interview day lasts about 3.5 hours but the actual interview is only 20 minutes or so. It's with 2 faculty members and it's closed file. It was pretty much conversational and quite enjoyable. They did ask how I thought my grades and OAT were but they never asked specifically for them. I think the director said afterwards they all gather and the files become open (so they'll see them eventually). I would just be open and honest, and just try to enjoy it.

Thank you so much for sharing! I am pretty worried because I have an average GPA and a pretty low OAT score......I appreciate you sharing your experience with their interview. The school seems really up-to-date, especially the equipment. I think this graduating class is going to really define the school, since they're the first to graduate and they had to go through COVID during board exams. I hope everyone does well!

Hi! You guys mentioned CCO's board scores are a bit of a concern but where have you guys seen this posted? I checked their website and haven't found info on board pass rates yet and couldn't find anything listed online either. If y'all could link this to me, that would be awesome - I'm also considering CCO.

Hi! You guys mentioned CCO's board scores are a bit of a concern but where have you guys seen this posted? I checked their website and haven't found info on board pass rates yet and couldn't find anything listed online either. If y'all could link this to me, that would be awesome - I'm also considering CCO.
No scores, yet, but historically with new schools their inaugural class doesn’t do too well. I actually know a doctor who was part of AZCOPTs inaugural class and they mentioned how it was challenging not having a class above them for guidance or to push them. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they score low especially with COVID but I’m sure they’ll turn it around like all the other schools.

No scores, yet, but historically with new schools their inaugural class doesn’t do too well. I actually know a doctor who was part of AZCOPTs inaugural class and they mentioned how it was challenging not having a class above them for guidance or to push them. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they score low especially with COVID but I’m sure they’ll turn it around like all the other schools.
Okay I see! This is a concern for me as well, but I think the bigger concern for me is minimal externship sites. I'm hoping CCO does better than usual inaugural classes of new schools since they work with AZCOPT for boards prep and I guess in a sense, have AZCOPT for guidance. But since COVID threw the unexpected at everyone, not sure how well that will go.