lacking the motivation to study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
am i just experiencing a major case of senioritis?
the next 4 weekends i'll have my first interviews... so i'm a little nervous.

i thought i could use this weekend to study, but so far i haven't accomplisehd much. i feel much more concerned about the interviews, and i feel like my school work is suffering. i haven't been able to study much.

any tips on how to make it through this final stretch!?

i need the right balance between preparing for interviews, and still keeping up the grades

not to mention, my bf and i are having some issues right now... i'm trying to find excuses here. :p

Members don't see this ad.

That same thing happened to me last semester, 17 credits with preparing for interviews - it was a sort of hell. Needless to say that I missed a lot of class periods too. Anyway, just try and concentrate in all your classes so you don't have to study excessively to pass them. That really worked for me with the help of God and doppio expresso before each class. And if you are not a coffee person, you can try lipton tea.

Good luck.

am i just experiencing a major case of senioritis?
the next 4 weekends i'll have my first interviews... so i'm a little nervous.

i thought i could use this weekend to study, but so far i haven't accomplisehd much. i feel much more concerned about the interviews, and i feel like my school work is suffering. i haven't been able to study much.

any tips on how to make it through this final stretch!?

i need the right balance between preparing for interviews, and still keeping up the grades

not to mention, my bf and i are having some issues right now... i'm trying to find excuses here. :p

You're not alone :oops: I've been hit with a bad case of 'senioritis' ever since I got my first acceptance last November. The current semester is my last and it seems to be the most difficult...I'm not shooting for A's and B's anymore. I just want to get my Cs and the bare minimum requirements and be done with it. :smuggrin: I felt so done with college when I'm actually not yet done. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
ways to cope:

1) Don't prepare for interviews until your on the plane, and even then, rehearsed answers are boring and the interviewer will start twiddling with a paper clip if you do it, they arent asking tough questions for the most part anyway its just hobbies interests and what ya have done on your application, preparing for an interview should take only about 30 minutes

2) Since this is the last semester the schools wont get updated with grades until after your accepted so just pull by with C's

3) sing in your car more often and sing louder, this can be sweet

30 minutes for interview prep? are you serious? that seems a little low...esp since these will be my FIRST ones! i've never interviewed before.

i find it takes more than 30 mins (e..g, read up on school, come up with thoughtful questions, wiki health care etc, get up to current events).

i think the only thing on the plane i can do is really just read about myself (my apps).

i guess since its your first interview your stressing out majorly, so i guess thats fine you can spend hours preparing, but after you have your interview, youll realize for your next interviews that 30 minutes is more than enough... but good luck on your first ones, just dont go overboard ( i have feeling you will anyway)

I know the feeling - my Masters thesis is due in less than two months and I can't concentrate at all.

Before I got into med-school I was too stressed to do work and now that I've been accepted I have no motivation to do any...

30 minutes for interview prep? are you serious? that seems a little low...esp since these will be my FIRST ones! i've never interviewed before.

i find it takes more than 30 mins (e..g, read up on school, come up with thoughtful questions, wiki health care etc, get up to current events).

i think the only thing on the plane i can do is really just read about myself (my apps).
That sounds like a plan. It takes several hours of work and real contemplation to prepare for interviews. They want to see that you've thought about things.

After you've put the hours of thought into preparing for your first few interviews, then you can relax and start spending ~30 minutes each for all your subsequent ones.

I just went on my last interview and senioritis is hitting me bad. It took me all day to read 30 pages of animal phys and I really have no desire to do any of the other work I have, sigh.

You're not alone :oops: I've been hit with a bad case of 'senioritis' ever since I got my first acceptance last November. The current semester is my last and it seems to be the most difficult...I'm not shooting for A's and B's anymore. I just want to get my Cs and the bare minimum requirements and be done with it. :smuggrin: I felt so done with college when I'm actually not yet done. :laugh:

This so true....my senioritis started back in November....and has reached a climax since my last interview in Jan...I'm still trying....but its sooooooooo hard to stay focused :sleep:

This so true....my senioritis started back in November....and has reached a climax since my last interview in Jan...I'm still trying....but its sooooooooo hard to stay focused :sleep:

yeah, one of these days I'll buy books for my classes.