Lasik for radiologists??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macbook89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any one here had Lasik done. If so, does it affect your vision in the reading room?

Members don't see this ad.

Just wear glasses. Your eyesight is literally you’re entire livelihood. I wouldn’t mess with freaking lasers coming near them

Had PRK done as an intern after depending on glasses/contacts for 10 years. Now 20/20 both eyes for over 5 years without any issues in the reading room. One of the best things I've ever done.

Complications are pretty rare, but the big ones with LASIK would be ghosting, loss of contrast, and potentially some haziness from contamination under the flap from something like epithelial cells or meibomian gland fluid. Recovery time is shorter for LASIK than PRK, and often times the vision is better with LASIK. Military pilots tend to go with LASIK most of the time.

I'm also no ophthalmologist. Make sure you get a consult from a good one that isn't after just your money. Some will promise you great results even if you aren't a great candidate.