Last Day for Interview Invites (NYC schools)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandisk115

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the last day NYC schools (Columbia, Cornell, Mt Sinai, NYU, AE) send out interview invitations?

Members don't see this ad.

i don't know about the others, but Columbia wraps up its interviews at the end of february. my invite was dated 11/6 and they had scheduled a 12/2 interview for me. so, let's say around a month between hearing and interviewing. in that case, they're probably sending out the last invites in two or three weeks. just an educated guess though - you should probably call the schools. best of luck.

Cornell interviews until March or April

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know about Sinai and NYU, I've heard nothing since August...

I believe NYU interviews until mid-to-late February. Mount Sinai extends to late March. Good luck DocKev!

tf

Originally posted by TheFlash
I believe NYU interviews until mid-to-late February. Mount Sinai extends to late March. Good luck DocKev!

tf

Sinai interviews until April actually =).

However, if you're interviewing that late, chances are you're interviewing for the waitlist spot.

Originally posted by Kashue
Sinai interviews until April actually =).

However, if you're interviewing that late, chances are you're interviewing for the waitlist spot.

Cripes, good catch Kash. :)

Heh try saying that sentence five times fast.

tf

Originally posted by TheFlash
Cripes, good catch Kash. :)

Heh try saying that sentence five times fast.

tf

=). I know it's April because a friend of mine interviewed that late. He got waitlisted and didn't get in :(.

Well Sinai is stil scheduling interviews. I just got one today for Feb 12.

i got an interview invite via email today from cornell.

I got an invite today from Cornell too. and in the email it said "This year, our interview season will run from mid September 2003 to early March 2004. We select our class in early March, after all candidates have been interviewed"

When is your interview scheduled for? When were you complete? If you don't mind sharing what are your stats? I believe they review in batches of similar stats and schools.

No AEinstein??

Drat! I knew I should have saved myself the $100 secondary fee. No word for three months now ...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview invite from Einstein at the end of last week, after being complete for months. They still had available dates in Feb, and they interview into April. So there is definitely still hope. :)

I just got an interview invite from Cornell today...

My application was complete in early August...Jeez, talk about last second...

There's still hope....

You probably don't care, but I got an NYMC interview invite today. I may go to it -- not sure yet.

What I really want is MSSM, though.

Good luck all!

I too am waiting on Mt. Sinai and Cornell... it's been since late August for me.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Originally posted by ewing
You probably don't care, but I got an NYMC interview invite today. I may go to it -- not sure yet.

What I really want is MSSM, though.

Good luck all!

how long have you been complete there?

Originally posted by ewing
You probably don't care, but I got an NYMC interview invite today.
Good luck all!

Me too :) Good E-mail makes me happy.

Anyone know where they are at in the application cycle, like how many people they've accepted? I want to know if I'll be interviewing for a waitlist spot, because I heard they are notoriously slow post-interview.

Originally posted by Chrisobean
how long have you been complete there?

Since late december. They lost part of my application, so it took me a while to call during their little window, find that out, and re-send it. I wonder if it's too late now, they claimed I'd be fine...but maybe they just felt bad for not letting me know that they had lost my app...:rolleyes:

Does MSSM send out their interview invitations via email or mail?

MSSM sends email interview invites