Last Interview Offers??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgc729

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, so i've applied to a total of 46 programs, both FM & IM. the problem is, i only have 6 interviews!! is that normal? i'm a FMG who graduated a year ago, did all rotations in the U.S., scores >220s and was ranked 3rd in my class. i did, however, submit my application rather late, and took my step 2 first week of november. i suppose that's the reason for my limited amount of interviews. anyhow, since it IS the last few days of 2007, are there any more offers to interview in january and february? or is that it? am i done?? thanks....

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the program.

Some still interview into the first week of February, so there might be a chance you will still get an interview. You can always contact the programs you haven't heard from to see if they are still interviewing or evaluating applicants.

I can see several reasons why your application might not have been more favorably received given what you've listed (late application, applied without Step 2 score or ECFMG certification), but at this point, its moot.

I had the same problem as you last year. Last year, I applied in late October, and got only 6 interviews. It was because of this that I was unable to match. This year, I submitted my application in early September and have 26 interviews, both in IM and FM. Plus, this year I applied to more programs. I think the problem is that you submitted your ERAS application too late. Taking Step 2 late may have also made a difference. However, keep in mind that there are applicants who match with as little as 1-3 programs on their ROL. Depending on how well you interview, you may still have a chance at matching, though not as great as if you had 10 interviews.

I had the same problem as you last year. Last year, I applied in late October, and got only 6 interviews. It was because of this that I was unable to match. This year, I submitted my application in early September and have 26 interviews, both in IM and FM. Plus, this year I applied to more programs. I think the problem is that you submitted your ERAS application too late. Taking Step 2 late may have also made a difference. However, keep in mind that there are applicants who match with as little as 1-3 programs on their ROL. Depending on how well you interview, you may still have a chance at matching, though not as great as if you had 10 interviews.

Are you doing all 26 interviews?

Are you doing all 26 interviews?

Yeah. It was an effort to get them scheduled, but I'm definitely doing all of them. I want to match. Period. Believe me, I'd rather have an enema with about 20 rabid rodents than go through the scramble again.

still only 6 interviews... this is frustrating! hope i don't have to scramble. :(

A friend of mine yesterday got an invitation to an anesthesiology interview, in February.

A friend of mine yesterday got an invitation to an anesthesiology interview, in February.

I know a few people who have called places they havn't heard from and arranged an interview in the last 2 weeks.... call u never know!! alot of programs are still interviewing, although its drawing to a close...

good luck

remember u have nothing to loose.