Last Minute Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmagic11

Reaction score
I’m currently in a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate some advice. I was accepted to [School A] and have committed to enroll (CTE). However, I recently received a last-minute acceptance from [School B], which was my top choice.

I’m aware that committing to enroll typically binds me to [School A], but given the last-minute circumstances, are there any policies or options that might allow me to switch to [School B]? Has anyone been in a similar situation or has any insights on how to navigate this?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m currently in a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate some advice. I was accepted to [School A] and have committed to enroll (CTE). However, I recently received a last-minute acceptance from [School B], which was my top choice.

I’m aware that committing to enroll typically binds me to [School A], but given the last-minute circumstances, are there any policies or options that might allow me to switch to [School B]? Has anyone been in a similar situation or has any insights on how to navigate this?
Did you withdraw from waitlists when you CTE'd?

Reactions: 1 user
Did you withdraw from waitlists when you CTE'd?
No, I didn't withdraw from all of my waitlists when I CTE'd, as I heard there was a grace period to withdraw. (In addition to it allowing me to change my CTE selection within AMCAS)

• Okay...
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No, I didn't withdraw from all of my waitlists when I CTE'd, as I heard there was a grace period to withdraw. (In addition to it allowing me to change my CTE selection within AMCAS)
I mean if you can change your CTE (I don't know if you normally can), just do it and tell the other school you won't be attending. From my knowledge though CTE's are binding and you can't undo them.