Last Minute School List Additions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BenKenobi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I completed my application at 28 schools between mid-July and the end of August (list below) and have yet to hear back from any at this time. I understand it is still way too early to stress about IIs just after Labor Day; however, before it is too late to correct any mistakes in my school list, I want to find out if I should consider adding any additional schools. (Also while working full-time during the application cycle some of my secondaries were submitted 4-5 weeks after receipt. I am a slow writer in general and did my best to submit as fast as possible, but is this likely to significantly damage my chances at these schools?) As a long-time lurker, first-time poster I appreciate the feedback.

My stats are as follows: Graduated with a 3.88 cGPA/3.8 sGPA (top 15 Undergrad), 516 MCAT, ORM, Michigan Resident.

75 hours shadowing in a low-income family clinic
800 hours of non-clinical community service ( 550 hours helping to organize a youth camp while living in an impoverished urban neighborhood for a summer)
150 hours of clinical volunteering (just regular hospital stuff but involved patient communication)
550 hours of clinical employment monitoring and recording patient vitals in a hospital
1500 hours as a player/vice president for an intercollegiate club hockey team
2 Years biology lab research (no publications)
3 years of student government involving leadership with student health initiatives (mental health awareness, building access at night, etc).
1500 hours paid-employment as a part-time waiter during school while officiating high school sports

Gap Year Plans:
Working full-time as a casting technologist in an ortho clinic
Weekly volunteering at a homeless shelter
Continuing to work as a waiter and a referee on the weekends

School List in no order:

Loyola
Rush
George Washington
UMich
Tufts
CMU
Dartmouth