Late application chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1005791

If I take my DAT in two weeks, get my letters of Recs together, get my transcripts sent in and then apply by mid-late September would it be too late to apply this cycle?
I know it’s better to apply early but this is the situation I’m in. I can get a dentist LoR in two weeks.
Has anyone ever applied this late and gotten accepted?
Non-trad applicant with dental volunteering experience, about 400 volunteer hours total.
3.3 cum gpa and 4.0 science GPA
I plan to apply to mostly Private schools

Members don't see this ad.

If I take my DAT in two weeks, get my letters of Recs together, get my transcripts sent in and then apply by mid-late September would it be too late to apply this cycle?
I know it’s better to apply early but this is the situation I’m in. I can get a dentist LoR in two weeks.
Has anyone ever applied this late and gotten accepted?
Non-trad applicant with dental volunteering experience, about 400 volunteer hours total.
3.3 cum gpa and 4.0 science GPA
I plan to apply to mostly Private schools

September is considered "late" but it should be okay for schools that have application due dates in December or later. Your chances would depend on how well you do on your DAT. The rest of your stats seem to be in a pretty good place judging by what you've written, so crush the DAT and I'm sure you will at least have some post-December interviews!

These boards tend to be alarmist, ie omg you didnt apply in June youer oh no were all going die you will never be competitive your an idiot no one who applies after july gets in anywatrerere blarrrrgggg.... (not directed at doctor-strange, but other posters in other threads)

Your stats look great. Get 20+AA, have everything submitted asap, apply to a lot of schools, you'll be fine. Good luck.

These boards tend to be alarmist, ie omg you didnt apply in June youer oh no were all going die you will never be competitive your an idiot no one who applies after july gets in anywatrerere blarrrrgggg.... (not directed at doctor-strange, but other posters in other threads)

Your stats look great. Get 20+AA, have everything submitted asap, apply to a lot of schools, you'll be fine. Good luck.

People on SDN tend to give horrible advice sometimes but it’s a good thing there’s people like you to overcome it and correct them.

Reactions: 1 user