• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Late Interview

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2016
Tarsal Tunnel
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have an interview with TUSPM on July 6th, will that most likely be for a waitlist spot since it's so late?

Probably, but classes begin later in August, so you never know. You should ask them after the interview.

Reactions: 1 user

Simba0930

Mar 13, 2018
  1. Pre-Medical
I have an interview for TUSPM next week- there was no mention in the invitation that this was for a waitlist position (3 of the schools I have interviews for this week are for waitlist positions).

About the Ads
About the Ads

Stay Strong

Mar 18, 2019
  1. Medical Student
Focus on preparing for that interview so that you stand out. It can help with moving up the list or being placed high on a waitlist. I was waitlisted at a few places, but I just watched lots of videos on how to prepare. This one seems to summarize a lot of the points that might help you:

El-Rami

5+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2015
Focus on preparing for that interview so that you stand out. It can help with moving up the list or being placed high on a waitlist. I was waitlisted at a few places, but I just watched lots of videos on how to prepare. This one seems to summarize a lot of the points that might help you:

Did you actually see this helping you get off waitlists, though?

Stay Strong

Mar 18, 2019
  1. Medical Student
Did you actually see this helping you get off waitlists, though?
Sorry, I should have clarified. I didn't do as much research for interviews before going into my first 2 interviews. However, I started watching lots of videos and reading posts on what to do after that. I then went into my 3rd interview near the end of the admission cycle (which had the highest MCAT/GPA requirement of my first 3), and was accepted instead of being put on a waitlist. The school was known for mostly going based off of MCAT, but my interviewer said the interview was really good, so I think that was the deciding factor in the end.

I saw this video seems to have most of the tips that I found elsewhere and used. So in other words, I suggest just being really prepared for the interview because that could still make a huge difference and possibly raise your rank on the waitlist at the very least. Hope that clarifies :)

El-Rami

5+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2015
Sorry, I should have clarified. I didn't do as much research for interviews before going into my first 2 interviews. However, I started watching lots of videos and reading posts on what to do after that. I then went into my 3rd interview near the end of the admission cycle (which had the highest MCAT/GPA requirement of my first 3), and was accepted instead of being put on a waitlist. The school was known for mostly going based off of MCAT, but my interviewer said the interview was really good, so I think that was the deciding factor in the end.

I saw this video seems to have most of the tips that I found elsewhere and used. So in other words, I suggest just being really prepared for the interview because that could still make a huge difference and possibly raise your rank on the waitlist at the very least. Hope that clarifies :)

Ah. Very well then. Glad to hear it worked out for you. :)

Reactions: 1 users

ssiddi30

5+ Year Member
May 21, 2015
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi, I got my decision from temple today and remembered this post and thought best to provide info. I interviewed with them on June 12th and got accepted for a waitlist spot. They are ranking student as high alternatives and alternatives. In the email they said that within next 2 weeks leading up to orientation / first day of classes that few students drop out. They won’t consider any numerical ranking till week before orientation.

Foot_Girl

Nov 5, 2019
  1. Pre-Podiatry
  2. Podiatry Student
Hi, I got my decision from temple today and remembered this post and thought best to provide info. I interviewed with them on June 12th and got accepted for a waitlist spot. They are ranking student as high alternatives and alternatives. In the email they said that within next 2 weeks leading up to orientation / first day of classes that few students drop out. They won’t consider any numerical ranking till week before orientation.
Are they only interviewing for waitlist?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.