Latest MCAT you can take and still be one of the first applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbles3030

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am currently signed up for the April 4th MCAT.
However I am not feeling too good about my scores on the practice tests and I want to push the test back a little more.
My gpa is weak so I was urged to apply as early as I can, so I plan to hit submit on June 5th without my MCAT scores. Would taking the May 30th MCAT push back colleges getting my primary application?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I am currently signed up for the April 4th MCAT.
However I am not feeling too good about my scores on the practice tests and I want to push the test back a little more.
My gpa is weak so I was urged to apply as early as I can, so I plan to hit submit on June 5th without my MCAT scores. Would taking the May 30th MCAT push back colleges getting my primary application?

Scoring takes a month, so the earliest that medical schools would get your MCAT score would be the very end of June. I don't know how every medical school evaluates applications, and whether they look at applicant's AMCAS without an MCAT score attached.

End of June seems okay right? Doesn't AMCAS not forward your primary until late June anyways? That is verification only starts happening late June.

Can i be considered among the earliest applicants if I take the May 11th MCAT?

Assuming that I submit the primary minus the MCAT score on June 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can i be considered among the earliest applicants if I take the May 11th MCAT?

Assuming that I submit the primary minus the MCAT score on June 1st.

I am sure 11 days won't make a difference in your application, just be confident about your MCAT before taking the real deal (look at your practice test scores as predictors).

I am sure 11 days won't make a difference in your application, just be confident about your MCAT before taking the real deal (look at your practice test scores as predictors).

True. And some medical schools will not even begin to look at applications until later than the 28th of June. If you take the later May MCAT then you will have your scores available practically when schools first looking at applications.