Latest to take MCAT 2016 without hurting application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whiskeyandrye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen some other threads on this topic but I can't seem to figure this one out.

I'm signed up for the April 23rd date, so I get my scores before applying June 1st. Though I need more time to study. If I delay a month and take it May 20th, I'll receive scores June 20th. I'd still submit my AMCAS June 1st. How much would this harm my application?

What do you think is the latest date to take the MCAT without putting me at a significant advantage? What's this business about AMCAS taking a while to sort through everything, so getting scores back later doesn't matter anyway?

I'll take any advice.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen some other threads on this topic but I can't seem to figure this one out.

I'm signed up for the April 23rd date, so I get my scores before applying June 1st. Though I need more time to study. If I delay a month and take it May 20th, I'll receive scores June 20th. I'd still submit my AMCAS June 1st. How much would this harm my application?

What do you think is the latest date to take the MCAT without putting me at a significant advantage? What's this business about AMCAS taking a while to sort through everything, so getting scores back later doesn't matter anyway?

I'll take any advice.
Thank you!
The date that you have right now.

Honestly a bad mcat score will do far worse to your application than applying late June. Based on what I've seen I would say being complete by late June is still early. I wouldn't take the mcat any later than June though.